£458 for a tear in the carpet

Interior and Exterior bodywork
LMC247

£458 for a tear in the carpet

Post by LMC247 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:36 am

I've just return my Cactus Flair after three great years. It was a lease vehicle and so was inspected before it was collected. All was fine other than a tear in the drivers floor mat which then led to a small tear (2cm) in the carpet underneath. I've been told that's £458 to repair!

I'll be contesting it with Citroen/PSA finance though as it's astronomically expensive, and also think there's an argument that the mats and carpets provided weren't of a good enough quality if they ripped in that manner.

Anyone had any experience in arguing these kind of charges?

davew

Re: £458 for a tear in the carpet

Post by davew » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:08 pm

There has been a long thread (pun!) about wear of the drivers foot well floor mat viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1980

I would have thought that floor mat and carpet wear after 3 years and your mileage would be accepted as normal "wear and tear"...
As presumably are small stone chips on body work and wind screen, tyre wear etc

LMC247

Re: £458 for a tear in the carpet

Post by LMC247 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:31 pm

Very interesting to know this isn't a one off. Definitely found it odd that it wore through the way that it did after 3 years / 48,000 miles.

The inspection company, Manheim, said to contest it go from there. There were no other issues with the car whatsoever that were outside the fair wear and tear guidelines, so have a feeling they're trying to just get money out of me for a days work...especially as I didn't renew an agreement with Citroen.