Finished Paint job

Interior and Exterior bodywork
Rubik

Finished Paint job

Post by Rubik » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:08 pm

Speachless...

There was nothing wrong with these doors but they just had to spray them to make the colour match between doors.

Some silly turd did this to the air-bump(s) and that drop of rain we got seeped between the air-bumps and revealed this.

:cry:

IMG_20180717_124840.jpg

IMG_20180717_124756.jpg

blackcountrycactus

Re: Finished Paint job

Post by blackcountrycactus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:20 am

I would,nt be happy with that
All black 1.6hdi flair with pano-2016

Manturian

Post by Manturian » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:17 am

hi all.

Your post does not indicate if you used an approved Citroen body shop, if so contact your dealer and get them to sort it.

If not take it back to the body shop and get them to fix it.

My personal experience of body shops is not good, they seem to have all the best equipment but very little common sense and basic understanding of how to repair vehicle correctly especially when it comes to the Cactus air bumps on the doors.

Be interested to hear your response

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:23 pm

That looks shocking. What on earth have they done/used? Hope you get it sorted. :(
PureTec 82 manual, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps

Rubik

Post by Rubik » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:43 pm

Embarrassingly this rectification for paint rippling round the air-bumps was done by the official Citroen Agent. The air-bumps pull off the paint in the sunshine so this agency has cheated by lifting the air-bumps off the paint by double sided tape. It has backfired on them which proves it doesn't pay to cut corners to reduce costs.

The car goes in for them to see it on Monday 23rd July. The agent knows me very well, I have been a customer since the 70's. The boss doesn't take criticism very well off me. The agency has expanded so much in the last 10-15 years to the degree that they cannot cope with the influx of repairs and car sales and I feel the personal attention has been lost as a consequence. This bodywork mechanic needs sacking and the repairers is already down to one mechanic hence it took about 4 weeks.

I now complain about everything which I think is justified but this takes the biscuit. My yellow Cactus has always had paint problems when it comes to resprays from other peoples accidents and repair through warrantee. This is the result from matching up to the front doors from the rear doors where replaced through corrosion.

I will NEVER have another Cactus, crap air conditioning which has failed again after 6 months (6500 miles), difficult paint to match round air-bumps, replacement of rear disc brakes through corrosion, adblue issues in the exhaust, two new rear doors (corroded). The only plus side is nil excise duty.

srperry

Post by srperry » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:37 pm

Sorry about your dealership/paint issues, but I can honestly say that I have had no provblems with the climate control in my 2 years/26000 miles, and look forward to the next 9 months before I decide whether to pay the balloon payment or buy a new car. I'm just not into the Mark 2 Cactus.
PureTech 110 S&S Flair, Polar White/Black Bumps, Black Leather/Cloth with Stone Grey ambience + CityPark and BlackVue DR650GW-2CH Front & Rear cameras

Manturian

Post by Manturian » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:00 pm

May I suggest that you complain to Citroen customer service as this dealer has not followed the correct repair process.

1. They should have removed the air bumps to repair your paint.

2. In doing so they would have needed to replace the air bump retaining clips.

Apologies for banging on about referring this to the attention of the manufacturers customer service, but the dealer will never improve his standards if they are not taken to task.

Ffrs1444

Post by Ffrs1444 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:37 pm

please tell me you didnt drive the car away before checking that is shocking work.