front bumper mountings

Interior and Exterior bodywork
jeffga

front bumper mountings

Post by jeffga » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:03 pm

Hi guys,

while reversing, my front bumper got caught on a treestump and within seconds my whole front bumper came loose from the body and was on the ground, just attached by wires form the foglights. does any one know if i can just click it back together (it seems to, but haven't looked underneath yet) or will this be a job for the dealer (maybe things have torn off ? or broken ?) Anyone any tips, would be much appreciated.

Thanks !

p.s. i have a 2015 Shine etg6 92 hp (in olive and dune airbumps) and i love it ;-)

DavidP

Re: front bumper mountings

Post by DavidP » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:18 pm

What do you mean by bumper? If you mean the whole caboodle i.e the painted bit which enclose the headlights etc then I think you might be in for a bit of expense. I guessing that you don't mean this as this would include the plastic wheel arch trims which help hold things in place. If you mean the black piece which holds the fog lights, then I think you may be in luck. Looking at the parts list, there doesn't appear to be any fastenings like bolts etc associated with this. This would suggest that this part just clips back into place. In my experience it is possible the bits of plastic which will be on the lower edge of the main bumper could be damaged, so check these. Fingers crossed then....

jeffga

Re: front bumper mountings

Post by jeffga » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:12 pm

Hi David, thanks for your reply... this whole thing was on the floor:
http://www.firstchoicebumpers.com/Produ ... ONT-BUMPER
the front wheel arches are still in place, it joins with this front bumper piece, as does the hood, on top.

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”