Reinitialisation under- inflation

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis
geevo

Re: Reinitialisation under- inflation

Post by geevo » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:48 pm

Absolutely - I haven't touched the TPMS since July 2015 and I check tyre pressures regularly. I initially thought you had to reset each time you topped up but if you stay within the set tolerances the system doesn't 'know' the pressures have been altered.
Feel 110, Black on Black, Habana, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, MediaNav, Reg July 2015

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:00 pm

geevo wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:48 pm
Absolutely - I haven't touched the TPMS since July 2015 and I check tyre pressures regularly. I initially thought you had to reset each time you topped up but if you stay within the set tolerances the system doesn't 'know' the pressures have been altered.
Hmm :?
PureTec 82 manual, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps

geevo

Post by geevo » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:05 pm

Please yourself but I've also rotated the wheels twice since new - I run the tyres at 2.3 bar all round to save keep resetting the inflator.
Feel 110, Black on Black, Habana, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, MediaNav, Reg July 2015

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:53 pm

geevo wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:05 pm
Please yourself but I've also rotated the wheels twice since new - I run the tyres at 2.3 bar all round to save keep resetting the inflator.
After you adjust the pressures, and don’t reinitialise the under inflation warning, have you had a puncture, or let some air out, which would activate the warning? I’m not saying you are wrong, but I can’t see how you would know that the system is still set after you adjust the pressures.

geevo

Post by geevo » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:17 pm

Well you are not actually altering the pressures outside the parameters of the system when you top up. The system is fail safe so if any of the tyres are not inflated properly or it goes wrong it will give warning. Remember when I reset after topping up and then didn't drive far enough the TPMS told me I had System Failure. The only way to prove that any TPMS is working properly is to deliberately run a tyre under inflated and wait for the alarm which is of course a daft thing to do. Perhaps you will try not resetting after topping up and see what happens on your car?

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:11 pm

geevo wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:17 pm
Well you are not actually altering the pressures outside the parameters of the system when you top up. The system is fail safe so if any of the tyres are not inflated properly or it goes wrong it will give warning. Remember when I reset after topping up and then didn't drive far enough the TPMS told me I had System Failure. The only way to prove that any TPMS is working properly is to deliberately run a tyre under inflated and wait for the alarm which is of course a daft thing to do. Perhaps you will try not resetting after topping up and see what happens on your car?
But I might never know if the system is working if I don’t get a puncture.

catus

Post by catus » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:08 pm

Thanks guys for the lively discussion, l’m going to London from here in West Yorkshire, shortly should be a good time to check it out :)

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:15 pm

catus wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:08 pm
Thanks guys for the lively discussion, l’m going to London from here in West Yorkshire, shortly should be a good time to check it out :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Wheels, Tyres, Suspension”