Rear suspension

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis
R380

Rear suspension

Post by R380 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:49 pm

Has anyone noticed that the cactus will skip or jitter over an uneven or undulating road (50mph +)? It almost feels if the suspension cannot react fast enough . This seems particularly noticeable on the rear axle. ! appreciate the car is light and fuel returns testify to that but I was just looking for other's observations.

Thanks

D

wil

Re: Rear suspension

Post by wil » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:59 am

yes I've also noticed this but put it down to running slightly higher tyre pressures, as I sometimes run fully laden and sometimes not.

Steve

Post by Steve » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:54 am

Had the same weird sliding across the road feeling the other day after going over a stretch of poor road surface whilst turning right.

BristolRich

Post by BristolRich » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:38 pm

It's a consequence of the type of suspension used and soft suspension mount bushes.

What with the reduced sound proofing on the car it's a compromise between ride comfort, noise intrusion and handling.

To sharpen up the handling you'd fit harder bushes only the noise intrusion would increase...to almost unacceptable levels. Given the nature of the car they've gone with comfort.
Ex - 2014 Hello Yellow Citroën C4 Cactus Hatchback 1.6 BlueHDi 100 Feel Edition

Primekart

Post by Primekart » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:18 pm

As BristolRich mentioned, it is the primitive rear suspension of the C3. However, any time I find flaws in the car, I try to remeber its price... and then relax (-:
1.2 Puretech 110 Turbo Red with Black Airbumps and Habana interior

ran

Post by ran » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:26 pm

As I said, car is like a woman, you have or don't have a "click" with her... I can find my wife flaws if I want, but then I recall of all the things she is and I just can't give any significant meaning for a specific flaw...
So as my wife is perfect for me, same as my Cactus. Not the fastest or the most advanced, but just the right combination of design, price, efficiency and a lot of charm!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
P.S.
My wife is the most advanced, smart, wise, beautiful human being I know, so help me god.
:P
1.2 Puretech 110 Sport Red with Black airbumps and Habana interior

History: Xsara, 306, C3 Picasso, C4, 407, C5, DS3, 3008

deeppurple

Post by deeppurple » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:37 am

ran wrote:As I said, car is like a woman, you have or don't have a "click" with her... I can find my wife flaws if I want, but then I recall of all the things she is and I just can't give any significant meaning for a specific flaw...
So as my wife is perfect for me, same as my Cactus. Not the fastest or the most advanced, but just the right combination of design, price, efficiency and a lot of charm!
P.S.
My wife is the most advanced, smart, wise, beautiful human being I know, so help me god.
Same here.
Where you wrote P.S. i can read S.O.S
:lol:
PureTec 82 manual, Midnight Edition

ran

Post by ran » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:05 am

deeppurple wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Same here.
Where you wrote P.S. i can read S.O.S
:lol:
1.2 Puretech 110 Sport Red with Black airbumps and Habana interior

History: Xsara, 306, C3 Picasso, C4, 407, C5, DS3, 3008

JohnYoung

Post by JohnYoung » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:21 pm

ran wrote:As I said, car is like a woman, you have or don't have a "click" with her... I can find my wife flaws if I want, but then I recall of all the things she is and I just can't give any significant meaning for a specific flaw...
P.S.
Well said...... :)

R380

Post by R380 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm

Steve wrote:Had the same weird sliding across the road feeling the other day after going over a stretch of poor road surface whilst turning right.
Oh dear .Suspicions confirmed. This is a slightly unsettling feeling but I suppose the Cactus does not lay claim to handling prowess and in the main is forgiving and supremely comfortable.

Return to “Wheels, Tyres, Suspension”