Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

Goodyear efficient grip

9K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Cactused 
#1 ·
Like me I'm sure there'll be quite a few of you with a Cactus shod with Goodyear efficient grip, if so you might be interested in my recent experience.

It turns out Goodyear have revised (improved?) the tyre and it is now known as the "efficient grip performance". There will still be some stock of the efficient grip (eg) out there but essentially you will be offered the efficient grip performance (egp) if you need a replacement.

Having recently had a rear right puncture which meant a new tyre I was given an egp but this resulted in the car pulling to the right. After checking the tracking the problem persisted. Decided to replace the perfectly good eg on the left with another new egp and the problem was sorted, the car kept a straight line.

My conclusion is that the new egp does not mix well with the old eg on the same axle. Before sorting it out I did speak to the Goodyear technical desk who commented at one point that the new design has more pliable sides than the old, so I now wonder if that's why the don't seem to mix. They made no comment about mixing them on the same axle.

#2 ·
Thanks for posting this. Exactly the same problem I have, a slight pull to the right up to about 30mph. Difficult to prove cheaply as the tyres are directional and the rest too good to replace for the sake of it.

Mine is also a 1.2(82) and averaging (with relaxed mixed/motorway driving) little over 40mpg. My previous 1.2(115) company car was doing 50mpg on the same wheels/tyres (I swapped the blacks on my 82 for the silvers before it went back) so don't think it's the tyre issue that causing the poor MPG.

#5 ·
I would be interested to know how quickly your efficient grip tyres are wearing. I've just had my first year service and at 14k miles the dealer reported a wear of 45%. I didn't plan to replace them inside the three year period.

#6 ·
Blactus you ask me (or was that an open invitation to everyone) how my efficient grips (original pattern) are wearing.

So far after 12700-ish miles/22months they are wearing evenly across the whole tyre and have a total tread depth of roughly 6mm with 4mm to top of wear indicator. I'm happy with that :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.