Looking to purchase Used Cactus

New to the C4 Cactus Forums? Introduce yourself here
ThePreacher

Re: Looking to purchase Used Cactus

Post by ThePreacher » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:07 am

It's nothing out of the ordinary but I'll stick some up come Friday :-D

Can't come soon enough, searched high and low for a petrol at a decent price becoming a rare beast on the used car market :-o

Muddles

Post by Muddles » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:35 pm

Yes I noticed the prices when I traded my diesel Cactus in for my petrol one. A top of the Range diesel Flair only about £300 more than a petrol 82 Feel, both 2015, and the petrol is 6mths older.

The bottoms fallen right out of the diesel market in Cornwall and petrol cars are going up and up in price, I dare say it's probably the same elsewhere.
2015 1.2 Puretech 82 Feel - Obsidian Black with Black Bubblewrap - 16" Square Alloys

ThePreacher

Post by ThePreacher » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:30 pm

Exactly what the sales guy said Muddles, the only used petrol ones from dealers appear to be owners trading their old cactus for another new one.

Muddles

Post by Muddles » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:21 pm

That's how I got mine, it was traded in for a new petrol C1. I was lucky to get it, as it was only traded in the day before. I won't be changing mine now, it's my last car. I said that about the diesel til the Government announced the news re diesels :roll:
2015 1.2 Puretech 82 Feel - Obsidian Black with Black Bubblewrap - 16" Square Alloys

ThePreacher

Post by ThePreacher » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:54 pm

Quick update....transferred balance so technically the car is mine.

Counting the minutes never mind the days, I've heard a number of stories regards dealers stamping books but forgetting to service vehicles. I'll be giving it a good once over and checking the oil is fresh before driving away :?

davew

Post by davew » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Something that has probably occurred to you is to have a look at the tyres. A vehicle of that mileage might have the originals but somewhat worn.
A purchaser not long ago reported discovering loud road rumble noise after they had purchased and said the front tyres were quite new but of the budget variety, which speculation suggested could be the cause of the noise...

Muddles

Post by Muddles » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:26 pm

I gave a feeling mine wasn't serviced when I got it, as when I got home and put the handbrake on it pulled up almost at a right angle and on the last notch. It won't hold it on hills so I have to hold the car on the clutch. There's a few other minor niggles too. So it's booked in for end of the month to get them put right. So I'm pretty sure those rumours of main dealers not servicing the cars has some truth in it.

I paid for rear parking sensors and they're all but useless and need adjusting.

ThePreacher

Post by ThePreacher » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:30 pm

Tyres look in good nick plenty of tread left Michelin all round so quite happy with them. I'm still gonna check a few things because dealer is 60 miles away from me.....on a positive note gonna check out the F1 museum at donnington on the way back up ;-)

Muddles

Post by Muddles » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:36 pm

Enjoy Donnington!

Return to “Introductions”