New owner from Bucks, any tips?

New to the C4 Cactus Forums? Introduce yourself here
CractusPotts

New owner from Bucks, any tips?

Post by CractusPotts » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:25 pm

Hi All
Just about to buy a Cactus, pick up on Thursday, Black on Silver, which is a bit bland any suggestions to personalise it would be appreciated.

Currently have the gloss black/silver wheels, must admit am not a fan of gloss black wheels having had them on a previous car, looked great when clean, but as soon as the dirt got on them looked dull and lifeless.

I have owned a couple of black cars in the past and suffered from stone chips on the bonnet being really visible.
I wondered how the Cactus fairs in that respect having such a large front area for stones to hit?

Many Thanks

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... e7236081db
Citroen C4 Cactus 1.6 BlueHDi Flair Hatchback 5dr Diesel EGT6 (s/s) (89 g/km, 99 bhp) Black over Silver

CactiBhoy

New Cactus Ufo from Bucks.

Post by CactiBhoy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:17 am

Welcome here dude, Citroens dont suffer from bad paint application, so if you dont sit up the back of a gritter, sit up the back of other vehicles, especially Hgv`s at speed.

The paint finish wont suffer anymore than usual.

You can also get your wheels lacquered, so they can be kept clean easier.

Hope you enjoy the Cactus experience, as they are a whole lot of car for the money. Dave
`" `In order to win once, you have got to get used to losing a whole lot of times. That's why I no longer buy Fiats.`" :lol:

CractusPotts

Re: New owner from Bucks, any tips?

Post by CractusPotts » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi
Well I Have now picked up my Cactus and so far Happy motoring
BUT, I don't have a trip counter next to the mileage on the speedo, is this correct or is there a setting I am missing?

FYI I rely on this in my cars more than the fuel gauge!
Citroen C4 Cactus 1.6 BlueHDi Flair Hatchback 5dr Diesel EGT6 (s/s) (89 g/km, 99 bhp) Black over Silver

blackcountrycactus

Post by blackcountrycactus » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:52 am

press the end of the indicator stalk ,it will come up on screen(press and hold to reset values).its all in the owners hand book.
All black 1.6hdi flair with pano-2016

ZixxC

Post by ZixxC » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:14 am

On the speedo screen you only have full milage counter. If you want to see trips they are on the central tablet. You have to press car icon (there you have averege speed, fuel consumption etc...). Hope I helped. :)

CractusPotts

Post by CractusPotts » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:47 pm

ZixxC wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:14 am
On the speedo screen you only have full milage counter. If you want to see trips they are on the central tablet. You have to press car icon (there you have averege speed, fuel consumption etc...). Hope I helped. :)
Thanks for the help, I was aware of this already being on my 5th citroen and having had 2 peugeots in the past but I was hoping I had missed something, never seen a mpdern car with out a trip counter before.

The speedo reminds me of my 1st Citroen, a early 80's Bx.
I suppose I will just have to live with it.

srperry

Post by srperry » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:02 am

There are two seperate trip meters on the Cactus as well as the current details. Both can be placed on permanent view on the tablet, you just select the one you want. The Cactus certainly has a trip counter, just not by the speedo.
C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience