Hi from Manchester and advice for a bike rack please

New to the C4 Cactus Forums? Introduce yourself here
Feline

Hi from Manchester and advice for a bike rack please

Post by Feline » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:14 am

Good morning
I wondered if I could get some advice please.
I am collecting my first Cactus next week (a 2017 Flair) and have been looking for bike racks.
I had originally wanted one for the boot and my Citroen dealer told me at the test drive these could be fitted - but since looking I have noticed these aren’t possible to fit.
Please could someone advise me further on suitable bike racks?? No I have never had a bike rack before, so ease of use would be welcome.

Thank you

CactiBhoy

Advice for a bike rack please

Post by CactiBhoy » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:07 pm

If your only wish to have two pushbikes in your car (or two adult and one child). You could take the back seat out then remove the front or back wheel. And place it inside your vehicle. for extra safety to you and other road users, more Mph, more security as nothing will fall of whilst driving and nothing will be stolen when the car is unoccupied. Either that or buy a van or cycle everywhere. Or stick them on the roof and see how many low flying birds you strike, as you drive along the roads.

I have carried three adult push bikes in my Cactus (and three adults). But with all the wheels removed and the wheels all piled up with the back parcel shelf at the side of them.
`" `In order to win once, you have got to get used to losing a whole lot of times. That's why I no longer buy Fiats.`" :lol:

Feline

Re: Hi from Manchester and advice for a bike rack please

Post by Feline » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:48 pm

Thank you for your ‘response’ however, I never said I wanted to put the bikes inside the car.
I was hoping and asking for help and advice for suitable bike racks.

spencer787

Post by spencer787 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:25 pm

Hi there, I had the same problem finding a bike rack suitable for a cactus, but I found one made by an italian company called peruzzo

Jonovich

Post by Jonovich » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:52 pm

You could always get a tow bar fitted and then use a tow ball mounted bike rack. I can recommend this option, used this on my Fiat, but haven't yet had the tow bar fitted to the Cactus in order to re-use it - they do removable tow balls as well, so when you are not moving bikes you can remove all trace of it.

Jono

Rubik

Post by Rubik » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:39 pm

Jonovich wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:52 pm
You could always get a tow bar fitted and then use a tow ball mounted bike rack. I can recommend this option, used this on my Fiat, but haven't yet had the tow bar fitted to the Cactus in order to re-use it - they do removable tow balls as well, so when you are not moving bikes you can remove all trace of it.

Jono
Cactus is a hopeless car for a bike rack. Mine is a universal one which adjusts to every angle and fits every car.

It fitted my Xsara Picasso beautifully and it carried a moped without any issues. However it doesn't fit onto the Cactus because the Cactus has a plastic / glass hatch lid and also the tension straps have nowhere to clip onto. :oops:

image.png

berapotter

Post by berapotter » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:57 am

Get a bike with an engine fitted and don't use the car?🏍️
C4 Black Flair 145 s&s, C3 Aircross white Flair130 s&s.