Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

Looking to buy a Cactus but we don't know which one

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jongee 
#1 ·
Hi

We have spent the weekend looking at C4 Cactus and we are set on getting one.

Is there a big difference in spec between the Feel & Flair spec. We can see the obvious changes, electric mirrors, panoramic roof, tinted windows and reversing camera, is there anything else that we are missing?

Is there much between petrol (110) and the diesel engine? My daily commutes are less than a 10-mile round trip. every few weeks up to 100-mile roundtrip would be normal.

Also, I saw one user say not to bother with a C4 Cactus, is there a good reason or one persons bad experience? Are there any common faults?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
If you are doing a low mileage I would go for the petrol. The issue with diesels is that the anti-pollution system and the Adblue system can be problematic unless you maintain the warranty. This is the way we went after our 1.6 100bhp diesel C3 was written off; we replaced it with a 110bhp petrol C3. Performance is OK apart from the 6th gear being too long, causing it to require a change-down to 5th. Consumption is high 40s to mid 50s, so it doesn't cost much more in fuel.

#3 ·
routemaster1 said:
If you are doing a low mileage I would go for the petrol. The issue with diesels is that the anti-pollution system and the Adblue system can be problematic unless you maintain the warranty. This is the way we went after our 1.6 100bhp diesel C3 was written off; we replaced it with a 110bhp petrol C3. Performance is OK apart from the 6th gear being too long, causing it to require a change-down to 5th. Consumption is high 40s to mid 50s, so it doesn't cost much more in fuel.
Thanks, that makes sense.

#4 ·
You don't say if you are interested in getting a brand new, or used Cactus?
If brand new, the panoramic roof is now an extra on the Flair, but other items have been added as standard. IIRC, in addition, the petrol engine on the Flair is now only available in the 130bhp version. We currently run the Cactus 110bhp petrol Flair auto (thus avoiding the 6th high gear change down, which we found was a problem with our previous DS4 Crossback manual). We find this ideal for both running around and long distance driving. I would personally ignore the one person comment, re not bothering with the Cactus, as the vast majority of people are very happy with them. There should be some preregistered Cactus at dealers, at a reasonable price, especially the Flair fitted with panoramic roof.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.