New here this is our first car

New to the C4 Cactus Forums? Introduce yourself here
MrJester1983

New here this is our first car

Post by MrJester1983 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:52 pm

So back in February my wife and I decided as I was doing lessons for driving we should buy a car, and this 2015 White Citreon C4 CACTUS FLAIR PURETECH 1.2 (automatic) was on Arnold Clark website so we went for it as we liked the look and it was a pre owned and in our price range and a great size for us having 2 children aged 6+7 and a little dog, it had done 83k miles which I know is alot but it's our first car so we went for it, then Covid showed its head, my lovely car had been sitting outside while my driving test got cancelled! Luckily I had a great neighbor and we went out so I could get experience in the car and 7 months later (Sept) I get a date and pass my test woooohoooo!

I have been driving for a week or so now and it's great! Only thing I have found I don't like is the Start Stop (but can deactivate that each journey) and the lack of front cup holders haha.

I've not driven at night yet (a bit frightened at the thought), and I use auto lights most of the time as I like the option of that, now on my light lever after auto I have low beam/full beam, and I have a light bulb can anybody tell me what that is? Any other hidden gems would be great to know too lol, and how do I enter post codes? Look forward to seeing any replies and reading the other posts on site!
Anxiety sucks, Not all disabilities are visible, treat those as you wish to be treated yourself!
When life give you lemons make lemon curd! Or add a twist to some Rum!

Scottish and proud!

routemaster1

Re: New here this is our first car

Post by routemaster1 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:52 am

I'm a bit confused about your question on lights. Most Citroen light stalks are similar. Our C£ and C4 Picasso have 4 positions. hey are off, auto, sidelights and dip headlights. If you pull the stalk towards you when the headlights are on (either auto or set manually) you will switch on main beam (blue indicator light on dash)but it will always revert to dip if you switch off and restart. The middle sidelight setting should really only be used when parking. I suggest you try the lights out whilst parked so you can see the dash lights.

MrJester1983

Re: New here this is our first car

Post by MrJester1983 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:35 am

routemaster1 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:52 am
I'm a bit confused about your question on lights. Most Citroen light stalks are similar. Our C£ and C4 Picasso have 4 positions. hey are off, auto, sidelights and dip headlights. If you pull the stalk towards you when the headlights are on (either auto or set manually) you will switch on main beam (blue indicator light on dash)but it will always revert to dip if you switch off and restart. The middle sidelight setting should really only be used when parking. I suggest you try the lights out whilst parked so you can see the dash lights.
Great so they are sidelights I'm guessing lol yeah I'll try em all out one night out front whilst parked thanks so much
Anxiety sucks, Not all disabilities are visible, treat those as you wish to be treated yourself!
When life give you lemons make lemon curd! Or add a twist to some Rum!

Scottish and proud!