Chugging noise

New to the C4 Cactus Forums? Introduce yourself here
Kayleybow

Chugging noise

Post by Kayleybow » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:08 am

Hey everyone. I've recently purchased my new cactus. Well new to me. Its a 16 plate. I've always loved them and wanted on for a while so in October I bought her. Any how, recently I've noticed a chugging noise, vibration, pullsing nose for a few seconds when I turn the engine off. Any ideas? I'm still under warranty so I'm thinking I'm going to take it back for the dealership to plug in. Thought I'd see if anyone else has this issue first. Thanks :D

Cactuslover

Re: Chugging noise

Post by Cactuslover » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:23 am

this is a detonation of the engine. This happens if the gasoline is bad or the ignition is poorly adjusted.

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:46 am

Cactuslover wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:23 am
this is a detonation of the engine. This happens if the gasoline is bad or the ignition is poorly adjusted.
This shouldn't be able to happen in a modern car, as it can only occur with a car fitted with a carburettor. When you switch off the ignition the fuel injection is cut off. No fuel can enter the cylinders so you should not be able to get this kind of over-run. Whatever the issue is it needs looking at by an agent.

Cactuslover

Post by Cactuslover » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:40 am

Thank you. I learned something new for myself

CactiBhoy

Post by CactiBhoy » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:01 am

Is the engine petrol or Diesel? As when you switch a diesel off. The goat piss tank (urea tank) buzzes and vibrates to fill and bleed the system for further use. If it is a petrol. Then are the chugging noises coming from the front, side or rear?
`" `In order to win once, you have got to get used to losing a whole lot of times. That's why I no longer buy Fiats, or anything with a French wiring loom now.`" :evil: