Happy first -time Cactus owner

New to the C4 Cactus Forums? Introduce yourself here
dronnyboyd

Happy first -time Cactus owner

Post by dronnyboyd » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:46 pm

Greetings all, just wanted to say hello, I've just got hold of a 2nd hand (but only 1yr old) Cactus from the CarShop in Swindon, very pleased with the car so far! I've only driven it to work and back once, plus a couple of local shopping trips, and very happy with my choice. I had been looking at bigger cars (SUV type of thing, I had my eye on a Kia Sportage) but couldn't really afford that -- or more accurately, couldn't justify paying that much for a car. The Cactus caught my eye (and I've had a few Citroens over the years, fond memories of an AX back in the late 80s) and after a test drive and a few google searches, I decided to go for it. Very pleased and excited with the touchscreen unit, even though learning how to use the heating controls on the first morning whilst trying to defrost it and get off to work was a bit of a challenge!

Right now I'm reading through the Owner's Manual (really!) and tinkering with the setup, pairing my phone and all that. I really love the look and feel of the car, just hoping it continues to live up to my initial impressions.

I should also put in a good word for CarShop in Swindon, normally I hate dealing with the kind of hard-sell sales technique, but this time it was actually a decent experience all things considered. They had quite a few Cactii to choose from, hope I made the right choice!
2016 C4 Cactus 1.2 PureTech [82] Flair

jacques38

Re: Happy first -time Cactus owner

Post by jacques38 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Hello, félicitations et bonne route. :D ;)

scatrat

Post by scatrat » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:06 pm

enjoy

paully

Post by paully » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:16 pm

welcome to the forum. I`m sure you`ll be happy with the Cactus and glad you got a good deal on it. Most questions on the car have been asked here already, just do a search and the info is readily there. For anything else just ask..
110 Flair in Pearlescent White, Leather interior with Black Bumps

scatrat

Post by scatrat » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:52 pm

ive ordered a sunvisor from ebay france drivers side, it comes with vanity mirror drivers side LHD used £19 inc delivery, kept the mrs happy

Muddles

Post by Muddles » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:17 pm

Welcome
2015 1.2 Puretech 82 Feel - Obsidian Black with Black Bubblewrap - 16" Square Alloys

FrankBullitt

Post by FrankBullitt » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:42 am

I've not bought from carshop but have used motorpoint and found the experience open and honest - it has all the ease of buying a washing machine which is nice to have the sales patter dropped.

Regarding demisting you don’t need to change the touch screen - there is a physical button to the bottom left, next to the heated rear window, tap this and it sets the car up to ‘maximum de-mist’, once the screen is cleared press the button again and your normal settings resume.

dronnyboyd

Post by dronnyboyd » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:18 pm

Thanks for the advice on the de-mist button option, I found out about when I read the owner's manual (something I don't often do for *any* product!). It's actually a great idea, and the fact that it overrides your "normal" settings and then restores them when you stop demisting is neat.

So now I'm actually looking forward to driving to work on Monday morning!!
2016 C4 Cactus 1.2 PureTech [82] Flair

Genius11

Post by Genius11 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:03 pm

Hallo alle zusammen. Viele Grüße aus der Schweiz. Ich bekomme morgen Nachmittag mein neuer C4 Cactus Shine Edition Shark Grau und roten Aussenspiegel und schwarzen Felgen 1.2 T 110 Ps😁😁Liebe Grüße Martin

Genius11

Post by Genius11 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:11 pm

20171223_170949_058.jpg