Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

New owner - is this normal!

10K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  The2ems 
#1 ·
Hello everyone

Picked up an 18 month old cactus today and when I got home and was having a look around,. The alignment of the bonnet looks a bit wierd. The bonnet is aligned on each side but is about 5mm lower than the bumper at the front - is this normal?

See pics!!

IMG_20180331_183828.jpg
IMG_20180331_182048.jpg

Can someone look at theirs for me!

Everything else is good so far 😀

#3 ·
Thank JB. I drove past a citroen garage on the way in and had a look to check - there were 4 other cactuses and all of their bonnets were meet and level with the bumper. I have emailed the dealer some photo's to check!

Interesting to see what others think!

#8 ·
Thanks for the replies. Never has a Cactus before but others appear level and you can see a distinction between bonnet and bumper from front. I can see it has had the bonnet catch recall done to it - wonder if this is anything to do with it. I'll see hat the Citroen guys say as it looks odd ( maybe it's just me noticing it!).

Thanks

#10 ·
Aston said:
Mines flush, but I'm getting the new bonnet catch on Wednesday. I won't accept the car back if it's like this.
Mine's flush after the bonnet catch recall work. I doubt that the issue is the recall work; I think it's just a matter of adjustment...

#14 ·
Curtains said:
Had another look and my bonnet doesn't seem to have adjustable stops, they are rubber with no adjustments. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Yes I agree, that is what I have found - my suggestion about adjustable stops was based on another poster's comments of a year or so back. After looking under our bonnet it looks more likely that any adjustment, if possible, is by slackening off the the actual bonnet latch mechanism fixing bolts and then retightening...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.