3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  berapotter 
#1 ·
Hello everybody,
I'm chiseling away at my New Car shortlist and I'm down to three:
3rd gen. mini cabriolet - code-word Fun
6th gen. Polo - code-word Posh
...and new Cactus - code-word Comfort
;-)
I've got previous with all three. I learnt to drive in an original mini, I've had countless VWs, including GTis and beetles, but Citroen is probably my all-time favourite car maker. 2CVs, BX, Xantia and fleetingly, a DS have over the years been the carriage of choice. I've spent hours trying to persuade chums that the combination of light weight, modestly powerful engine, front-wheel drive and sophisticated suspension make for a classy car. And now, the new Cactus arrives & seems to be a re-boot of all the old principles, brought up to date!
Here's a question for you good folks who already have experience of the OS that drives the infotainment system. A common complaint made in the on-line reviews I've seen are to do with the touch screen control of elements like heating. I'm a touch suspicious of these negative comments, because I've often found that firmware in things like cameras and phones turn out to do lots more than is claimed in brief online reviews.
Can you good folk comment on the subject of the ease of use of the touchscreen - for example, setting the heating and ventilation? Is it as clunky as some have suggested, or else do you quickly get used to the routes and selecting the settings you like? Is there the facility to set preferred combinations of settings as a favourite?

See less See more
G
#3 ·
if you can use a phone the controls are a breeze although a tad slow ,on the flair modal it as automatic climate control which you basically set and leave,i do minor adjustments when stationary like at a junction etc, i,ve adapted my driving style to suit the car,ours as some nice goodies which we didn,t even know about till reading the owners manual,overall really good car and our local dealer is good so overall a good experience.

#4 ·
blackcountrycactus said:
if you can use a phone the controls are a breeze although a tad slow ,on the flair modal it as automatic climate control which you basically set and leave,i do minor adjustments when stationary like at a junction etc, i,ve adapted my driving style to suit the car,ours as some nice goodies which we didn,t even know about till reading the owners manual,overall really good car and our local dealer is good so overall a good experience.
Ooh. What are the nice goodies then?

G
#5 ·
we have the panoramic glass roof(always light in side),hill assist works brill,cruise control is supurb,we find the satnav excellent ,even the rear view camera is clear(subject to lense being clear,tyre pressure monitor,good hifi (arkamys),theres probley more

#6 ·
I'm not unhappy with the touch screen.
Some times it's a touch slow( no pun intended).but a good press works, it is supposed to work with s gloved hand so needs to be pressed not just touched
If you take into account its basically doing everything I think it does a reasonable job.
Citroen dealer say expected boot time is around 14 seconds. Once its booted I don't have any lag worth speaking off and it never takes 14 seconds.
Make sure software is updated.
Can't give an opinion on the newer smeg +IV2 system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.