Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

New C4 Cactus

8K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Stevew684 
#1 ·
Well I have just picked up my new C4 Cactus Flair today, saying goodbye to my 5 year old DS4.

It has the Citroen connect and I have paid £139 for the speed cameras for three years but as of yet I haven't seen anything on the satnav. I wonder if these will appear on their own or do I have to enable something?

I also downloaded the mycitroen app, which told me the maps need updating, and sent me a link, but looking on the Citroen website, it says I need to start the engine, don't drive anywhere, and it will take 60 minutes to update.... anyone else had this experience? :roll:

#2 ·
Most of the people in this forum have experience of the pre-2018 Cactus, so the knowledge base is possibly not relevant to your current model.

The User Manual for your car should explain the satnav settings for the on-screen and audible alerts.

My understanding is that Satnav alerts specifically for Speed Cameras are illegal in France and consequently I believe that such regions are referred to as "Risk areas/Danger Zones"

For the pre-2018 models, the satnav update procedure seems similar to your information, the actual time necessary depending on which, and how many, country maps are selected to be updated...

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply, I am very familiar with the Tomtom satnav for Europe and speed cameras which this is based on but nothing about speed cameras appears in the POIs in the Citroen POI yet. The user manual is next to useless, but I will look at the online version. The Citroen website doesn't even acknowledge the new 2018 Cactus in some areas! From your reply, I take it the cameras eventually appear automatically?

#4 ·
I tnink you need to register on the MyCitroen website with you VIN and then you will be able to download the Risk Areas/Danger Zones updates to install on your satnav. The website gives all instructions necessary, but you basically download a zip file, extract it to the root ofa USB pendrive, then put that in the USB in the car and switch on the ignition. It will then install the camera locations for you.

#5 ·
Tried that, but the Mycitroen site seems to have been replaced by the Mycitroen app, as I said above, I downloaded that and added my VIN but it doesn't do much of the things that the video shows, especially the driving function - still really not come to terms with it - It does tell me that my maps need updating, but I don't fancy sitting for 60 mins with the engine running! I think I need to open the app whilst in the car....

#8 ·
Stevew684 said:
New new, the one with the mug on the roof and the smaller air bumps 😉
In view of that my first port of call would be the dealer..After what you've paid I'd demand that they get it sorted, it should work in every respect and if the sat Nav not working correctly it's down to them not you to sort...

On another point what do you think about the car itself?

#9 ·
Stevew684 said:
Tried that, but the Mycitroen site seems to have been replaced by the Mycitroen app, as I said above, I downloaded that and added my VIN but it doesn't do much of the things that the video shows, especially the driving function - still really not come to terms with it - It does tell me that my maps need updating, but I don't fancy sitting for 60 mins with the engine running! I think I need to open the app whilst in the car....
I'm pretty confidant that the App has NOT replaced the site; I can still access the site and the App does too.

I subscribe to the 'Danger Areas' updates and I get emails about once a month telling me to login and download/install the latest version - the last one is below (I need to renew my subscription!). I hope this helps.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 12 May 2018 01:01
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: THE LATEST UPDATE OF THE CITROEN RISK AREAS DATABASE IS READY FOR DOWNLOAD

THE LATEST UPDATE OF THE CITROEN RISK AREAS DATABASE IS READY FOR DOWNLOAD

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,
You currently hold a subscription for the Citroën Risk Areas product running from May 14, 2017 to May 11, 2018.
The latest version is now available for download.

This file can be downloaded from your personal account, under the "View my Orders" section, on the CITROEN Navigation online shop.
Not sure how to download the latest update of the Citroën Risk areas database?
Follow the four steps below.

1/ Sign in on citroen.navigation.com using your email address and password.

2/ Go into "my account" and click on "View my orders" to look at the order containing the Citroën Risk Areas 12 months subscription

3/ Once you are on the order list, click on the order number containing the Citroën Risk Areas 12 months subscription.

4/ In the order status page you can choose one of the following:
a. Click on the "Direct Download Link" link to manually download and install your Citroën Risk Areas
b. Click on the "Installation Instructions" for the detailed installation manual in PDF format.

Simple step by step instructions on how to install your Speed Camera Database in Europe product is available in PDF format. Select your navigation system to be directed to the correct page where this document is posted.

You will be notified of the next update release by email.
Thank you for choosing Citroën.

#11 ·
The site seems to be working now so thanks for the link. I got a different message earlier saying it was replaced by the app! The new C4 Cactus uses TomTom navigation rather than Here, so the Navigation site doesn't work for me as there is not a 2018 C4 Cactus car option! If all else fails I will go back to the dealer, but I have had a message from Citroen support saying the cameras will appear automatically within 48 hours. I will wait to see - I am not confident. Still can't seem to get the driving part of the App working though.

#12 ·
I suspect most people who have experience with using a hand-held TomTom wish the Satnav in the pre-2018 Cactus family had the same heritage...
Let us know what happens with the speed camera issue and also your opinion of how your car satnav compares with other Tomtoms.

#13 ·
Update on my Satnav / Tomtom /speedcam issue, I went for a run at the weekend and passed two static speed cams, both showed up on the satnav, so they have automatically downloaded, however, I haven't seen any mobile sites show up as advertised. Being used a separate Tomtom with speed cams from pocketgps, I regret paying the £139 for the speed cams from Citroen.
As a comparison, the Citroen Tomtom based Satnav is so tied down, it is hard work, trying to find destinations etc., I am so used to managing POIs which you can't do here! As for the C4 Cactus Hatch, I love it! Wish I could get the My Citroen app working now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.