Hello from the Scottish Borders

New to the C4 Cactus Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ridgeman

Hello from the Scottish Borders

Post by Ridgeman » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:25 pm

Was searching for a system update and found this forum. Hello. I have just this week replaced my 2015 Cactus Diesel for the 2017 1.2 110 version. I tend not to get the same car again as it doesn't feel like a change. Indeed when sitting in the car I do feel I am in the old one.

I had no real issues with the old Diesel but it was getting near service time again and new MOT so I thought it best to change. I knew the spec of car I wanted and at the end of the day it made sense just to buy a Cactus again. Its at least a different colour. The petrol does have a bit more acceleration in it but other than that no real difference.

That said I of course lost the jukebox but no real loss as I had to go to the internet everytime I wanted to change tracks. Got my V5 in today so linked the car to the app and discovered a new map available. Then thought I would look to see if any upgrade to firmware available to got what I thought was the latest from a link someone put on here to Peugeot forum. However when I try to install it I get the message that its not supported.

I don't know how to tell what my current version is and if there is an update. Given previous owner didn't update maps I think perhaps I will be on an old version. Is there a way of telling?

The2ems

Re: Hello from the Scottish Borders

Post by The2ems » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:04 am

I wanted to do the same, and found this https://citroen.navigation.com/cms/page ... enEMEA/GBP
Although I’ve not got round to checking mine yet.
PureTec 82 manual, 2018, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps

Ridgeman

Post by Ridgeman » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:07 am

Excellent find. Will check later.

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:36 am

Ridgeman wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:07 am
Excellent find. Will check later.
Let me know if it’s any good :lol:
PureTec 82 manual, 2018, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps

Ridgeman

Post by Ridgeman » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:43 pm

Worked. Got confused at first but if you continue to press on the menu button then it appears. Don't just press on it you need to keep it pressed. Shows I'm running SMEG5.41.B.R4 from 5.4.16 which is older than the car!

Ridgeman

Post by Ridgeman » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:13 pm

Tried to upgrade firmware to SMEG+ UPG SoftWare 5.43.A.R2.7z but got a message that this was password encrypted and couldn't be installed. Don't know if I have to go incremental and install SMEG+ UPG SoftWare 5.42.C.R2 first. Anyone?

Ridgeman

Post by Ridgeman » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:50 am

5.42.C,R2 now installed. Now need to update maps again as I now only have mainland europe and DAB update needed.

Map still there when I restarted engine and DAB needs updated when I get to somewhere with a better signal.