Test Drive Tomorrow

New to the C4 Cactus Forums? Introduce yourself here
Jbrose

Test Drive Tomorrow

Post by Jbrose » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:46 pm

Hi

I am going for a test drive tomorrow, is the car good for dogs? Can you fit a standard mountain bike in the back with seats down?

Thanks

Rubik

Re: Test Drive Tomorrow

Post by Rubik » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:08 pm

This is my personal opinion and findings.

I was upset to say goodbye to my Xsara Picasso, the Cactus having a much narrower tailgate isn't that practical for getting larger items in and out where the Picasso could accommodate everything. Fitting my standard bike rack was pretty impossible as the hatch back doors construction isn't bike rack friendly and fastening straps underneath the car is hopeless.

My dog(s)

The Bichon prefers the front seat in the Cactus because it offers him a better view and he likes the ventilation. The Chihuahua wants to sit on my knee which stops us from going anywhere.

Other than that, the diesel version offers good fuel economy, good road holding, very nippy and reliable except issues with the A/C.

Jbrose

Post by Jbrose » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:50 am

Thank you...

I have put a deposit down :) exciting

I was thinking about putting the bike 🚲 in the boot. I assume it is big enough based on this review on YouTube

PCLock

Post by PCLock » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:02 am

No good for dogs, their paws cant reach the peddles

cdj1100

Post by cdj1100 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:07 pm

I have a husky/lab cross and he is quite upset that he can no longer prop himself up between the front seats as he used to in previous cars. The gap between front seats in the Cactus is much narrower.
2016 Obsidian Black Cactus Flair 1.2 82bhp etg, panoramic roof.

CE14LEE

Post by CE14LEE » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:24 am

My Staffy sits in the boot, think she preferred my old C3 Picasso though. With her being 16 in October the boot lip is a bit of a pain for both me and her.
2019 C4 Cactus 1.2 110 Flair EAT6 Emerald Blue with 17 Cross Black Alloys and White Inserts

PurpleCactus

Post by PurpleCactus » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:04 pm

Do a test drive in the C3 Aircross too; bigger boot and flat access. I wish I had tried one, even if the Cactus has better suspension and seats... if I was after a new car I would consider the C3 Aircross more seriously having been with our Cactus for 6 months. We struggled with the camping equipment and four passengers this summer. And some stupid person thought that the Mk2 Cactus didn't need roof rails, or even mounting points for them. Have you seen the rubbish roof bars I'd have to get?! ...

But are you going for a new one or is this a pre-loved?
Cactus Feel Puretech 110 S&S 6 speed manual in Deep Purple

CactiBhoy

Post by CactiBhoy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:08 am

Ok, why not hire a van that seats four or five for your holidays. AND you can keep the cactus. Not that I love them or anything. They were made to cost (and it shows when you switch off the ignition and it dont have an accessory mode so everything switches off)

Either that or buy a car with roofbars, they are easy to fit if they dont have a model with them ( and remove before you sell it on, apart from the sagging dented roof) I`d rent a van really.

Citroen cars are as quirky as a three legged pet, you can exist with a quirky car/pet. But the pet cant run free, as it will either fall over or be eaten. Other people just point at your quirky car. :roll:
`" `In order to win once, you have got to get used to losing a whole lot of times. That's why I no longer buy Fiats.`" :lol:

srperry

Post by srperry » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:35 am

PurpleCactus wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:04 pm
Do a test drive in the C3 Aircross too; bigger boot and flat access. I wish I had tried one, even if the Cactus has better suspension and seats... if I was after a new car I would consider the C3 Aircross more seriously having been with our Cactus for 6 months. We struggled with the camping equipment and four passengers this summer. And some stupid person thought that the Mk2 Cactus didn't need roof rails, or even mounting points for them. Have you seen the rubbish roof bars I'd have to get?! ...

But are you going for a new one or is this a pre-loved?
On the new C4 Cactus roof rails are a factory fitted option.
C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience

Rubik

Fallen out of Love with my Cactus

Post by Rubik » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:13 pm

43,000 miles and £1000's and the bills are never ending. Bloody ridiculously expensive car to keep running.

In the 4 years I have owned it, it has cost more to keep running than my Xantia, Xsara Picasso and C5 combined.

My cheap service at 43,000 miles has cost another £1000. Even the new wiper blade fresh out of its box was broken which I put on just to get it through the MOT.

My Citroen dealership are so fed up of me that the director said he was fed up of me moaning and whing-ing all the time. The boss Neil on this occasion of Broach Hill Garage, Cranswick, East Yorkshire is a damn disgrace.

Question: How many of you readers wouldn't moan if your Cactus has cost around £10,000 in four years????