Test Drive Tomorrow

New to the C4 Cactus Forums? Introduce yourself here
srperry

Re: Fallen out of Love with my Cactus

Post by srperry » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:51 am

Rubik wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:13 pm
43,000 miles and £1000's and the bills are never ending. Bloody ridiculously expensive car to keep running.

In the 4 years I have owned it, it has cost more to keep running than my Xantia, Xsara Picasso and C5 combined.

My cheap service at 43,000 miles has cost another £1000. Even the new wiper blade fresh out of its box was broken which I put on just to get it through the MOT.

My Citroen dealership are so fed up of me that the director said he was fed up of me moaning and whing-ing all the time. The boss Neil on this occasion of Broach Hill Garage, Cranswick, East Yorkshire is a damn disgrace.

Question: How many of you readers wouldn't moan if your Cactus has cost around £10,000 in four years????
When I traded my C4 Cactus for my new C5 in March, it had done 32,000 miles from new at an average 49mpg with absolutely no issues at all, apart from the bonnet catch recall. It was deemed by Citroen to require the 4 doors to be replaced because of contamination in the factory, but that was to be done under warranty. Of all the cars I have ever owned, it was the cheapest to run and the cheapest in servicing costs. I think that perhaps you have a bad dealer and should take that and the accrued costs up directly with Citroen UK.
C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience

Rubik

Re: Fallen out of Love with my Cactus

Post by Rubik » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:54 am

srperry wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:51 am
Rubik wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:13 pm
43,000 miles and £1000's and the bills are never ending. Bloody ridiculously expensive car to keep running.

In the 4 years I have owned it, it has cost more to keep running than my Xantia, Xsara Picasso and C5 combined.

My cheap service at 43,000 miles has cost another £1000. Even the new wiper blade fresh out of its box was broken which I put on just to get it through the MOT.

My Citroen dealership are so fed up of me that the director said he was fed up of me moaning and whing-ing all the time. The boss Neil on this occasion of Broach Hill Garage, Cranswick, East Yorkshire is a damn disgrace.

Question: How many of you readers wouldn't moan if your Cactus has cost around £10,000 in four years????
When I traded my C4 Cactus for my new C5 in March, it had done 32,000 miles from new at an average 49mpg with absolutely no issues at all, apart from the bonnet catch recall. It was deemed by Citroen to require the 4 doors to be replaced because of contamination in the factory, but that was to be done under warranty. Of all the cars I have ever owned, it was the cheapest to run and the cheapest in servicing costs. I think that perhaps you have a bad dealer and should take that and the accrued costs up directly with Citroen UK.
Thank you for that, don't worry it has been mentioned yet again to Citroen especially for rubbish replacement parts.