New to the C4 Cactus Forums? Introduce yourself here
meldrew

Post by meldrew » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:44 pm

Hi All,
Just bought my 2016 Cactus Flair Blue HDI 2016 and love its quirky looks, I also have a 1982 Citroen Dyane, even quirkier but fully restored and great fun. :lol:
I am a well retired guy, live in Solihull West Midlands, and enjoy rebuilding motor cycles as well as classic cars, and the Cactus is my day to day vehicle.
I have a lot to learn about it, particularly some stuff that has to be added for the emission control, ie. how often and by whom and how much, and how much warning do you get before it needs filling etc.

Hope to use the forums a lot, and look forward to it.

routemaster1

Re: Newbie

Post by routemaster1 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:02 pm

meldrew wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:44 pm
Hi All,
Just bought my 2016 Cactus Flair Blue HDI 2016 and love its quirky looks, I also have a 1982 Citroen Dyane, even quirkier but fully restored and great fun. :lol:
I am a well retired guy, live in Solihull West Midlands, and enjoy rebuilding motor cycles as well as classic cars, and the Cactus is my day to day vehicle.
I have a lot to learn about it, particularly some stuff that has to be added for the emission control, ie. how often and by whom and how much, and how much warning do you get before it needs filling etc.

Hope to use the forums a lot, and look forward to it.
EOLYS (for regeneration of the particle filter) should last until ~90,000 miles. If you have it replenished you need to reset the mileage counter, otherwise the system will not regenerate and the filter will block. You need Lexia/ diagbox to reset.

Adblue (to reduce NOx) should last for ~12,000 miles. The countdown starts at ~1500 miles and if it runs out the engine cannot be started. Capacity is ~ 17L, and you need to fill with about 5L for the system to register.