UREA Warning Light

New to the C4 Cactus Forums? Introduce yourself here
Flight

UREA Warning Light

Post by Flight » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:50 pm

Hi. My UREA Warning Light keeps flashing up on my Cactus. The ADBLUE tank is full and I have taken it into the Citreon garage now 4 time for it to be reset. The garage told me this is unusual and don't know what it could be. Can anyone help as I am worried this is going to turn out to be an expensive job.

routemaster1

Re: UREA Warning Light

Post by routemaster1 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:41 pm

The Adblue tank does not require to be taken to an agent to reset. It will reset itself after a top-up, however you do require to add a minimum of 5L for the system to register the addition. If the agent has told you that you need a reset, I would suggest you take it to a different agent who know what they are doing. How many miles have you done. The adblue should last ~12,000 miles. If you have had a warning and needed less than ~14L to brim the tank, you probably have a problem with the Adblue pump. If so it is an expensive job, so I hope you are still in warranty or you have deep pockets. (note I have just posted a similar reply on the C3/C5 Aircross forum, and it comes up frequently on the C4 forum. Indeed I had to have this done myself)

Note Edited after confusing myself with Adblue and EOLYS.

Flight

Post by Flight » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:59 pm

I am very worried its the pump (and no I am not in warranty).
The reset was done for me on Friday afternoon and the adblue tank was full to the brim, around 70 miles later the light comes on again. This is a pattern which has been repeated around 3 times now. With the garage resetting and recalibrating each time.

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:04 pm

Flight wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:59 pm
I am very worried its the pump (and no I am not in warranty).
The reset was done for me on Friday afternoon and the adblue tank was full to the brim, around 70 miles later the light comes on again. This is a pattern which has been repeated around 3 times now. With the garage resetting and recalibrating each time.
As I said above, you should not have to have the system reset, it resets itself.