Re: Dangerous

Post by berapotter » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:23 pm

And they let you on the road?
Wow
Black Flair 110 s&s

Cactus74

Post by Cactus74 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:04 pm

So as a Service Manager in a Citroen Dealership, I can honestly say that no one will get rich fixing Cactus because they have been incredibly reliable. I have not replaced a single touch screen let alone 3. I fear you have been very unlucky. As for the functionality of the screen, I don’t believe a Nissan would be any less distracting.
I suspect that rather than other marques not being interested in part exchange, the Sunderland branch of the French run Japanese car maker offered a great deal because they have fields full of Qashqai. As Cactus reaches the end of its first generation, I believe it deserves commending rather than needlessly criticising. Best of luck with your upcoming, well documented air con, stop start,battery and dash rattle problems.

Katkins

Post by Katkins » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:51 pm

179 club - sorry but I think the reason given is so crass! The screen font, icons are large and so easy , I really can't understand your problem.

If a superior car is your agenda then get whatever you want but to fuss over a dashboard screen - I don't believe it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cactus polar white - panda! 1.2 with panoramic roof

Katkins

Post by Katkins » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:53 pm

oh and gripe water might help :idea: :idea: .
Cactus polar white - panda! 1.2 with panoramic roof

Ron

Post by Ron » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:09 pm

What a load of nonsense, not dangerous at all, I always use the screen eve. When driving you just need to get used of it, my Blue diesel gives excellent mpg, gearing is OK, gear shift solid? Don't know what the fuss is about, goodbye..😒
Ron the 1.6HDi Flair Edition Cactus.
born 1st Feb 2017, Obsidian Black, black bumps & wheels, Black Leather, Stone Grey ambience & Pano roof (silver valve caps!)

JohnYoung

Post by JohnYoung » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:16 pm

179club wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:26 am
Hi all.
Bought my c4 Cactus 1.6 flair in march 2015. I was sure it was a great car to buy. Test drove one and was comfortable. Thats where it ends. Just got rid of it and now have a2018 New model Nissan Quashqai just fantastic. The Citroen was so dangerous to drive because of that STUPUD STUPUD STUPID take your eyes of the road TOUCHSCREEN. Not very touchy to work. I was on my third screen under warrenty. Wife cursed at STUPUS STUPID STUPUD touchscreen. Black plastic blistering on drivers door frame. Dealer would not replace under warrenty said it was high pressure washing what a twat. Gearstick was very far apart from left to right. Car was very overgeared as it was Blue HDI model. 5th gear to 3rd gear for inclines or small hills. Best bit of car was grip buttons on dash, good steering wheel,all black alloys. More bad news car was mint 16165 miles not a scratch on alloys or body full Citroen service and sponge washed once a week. Went to trade for new car. Toyota not interested nor were, VW. Kia. Hyundai. Honda. Mazda. Seat. Skoda. Vauxhall. Not a ford person. No interest in electric faults Renault or Peugeot French muck. Nissan gave me what I wanted and threw in tow bar and boot mat and VAT of 3 bike carrier. I hope I have not upset c4 Cactus owners but this is my gripe.
179club.
Well of course the Cactus wont be for everyone and its certainly not perfect and has its faults. We have the Diesel 1.6 and we tried the Nissan Juke and Quashqai and were totally underwhelmed by them both and the 1.5 Quashqai is very under powered in my opinion and I have left many behind on hills. This all coming from someone who has always had Jap cars mostly nissan and a mazda. We tried the Cactus and it was like a breath of fresh air.

But to you main grip about the screen. We have only had one screen its never been updated and yeah it sometimes takes a few prods (mostly to disengage the eco mode which I think you should be able to disable permanently if you want to but that is another story) but I rarely find its a hazards as I usually set the screen to what I want then off I go. The biggest hazard for me and a design fault is the storks for lights wipers etc being hidden by the steering wheel. But as mentioned LOTS of cars now have these screens so its something you will find in other cars if that is a good thing or bad time will tell for us all.

But we have now had the Cactus over 2 years and its been brilliant. Been on family holidays down the country and been on many adventures and its the only car I have had that has been so much fun to drive. I will be sad to see it go next year but maybe I'll get the next version :D

Muddles

Post by Muddles » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:41 pm

Just seen this thread, what an odd post.

The reason other car dealers weren’t too keen on taking his Cactus is probably because it’s a diesel, not because it was a cactus.

Nothing against Nissans (pssst they were Datsun in my day and proper rust buckets) but down here in Cornwall every other car is a Dat.... Nissan, purely because they practically give the damn things away. If I had £1 for every Juke or Qashqai I see I’d be living in Bermuda now.

Friend of mine bought a Juke and only had it a week when it had to go back for a new auto gearbox. Just because you see so many of them doesn’t mean it’s because they’re excellent cars, it’s Dat... Nissan offering dealers great bonuses to flog them to the UK public.

Getting back on track regards the infopanel, your not supposed to look at it when your driving, because that’s what the controls on the steering wheel are for.

Anyway I must dash, just off to the Dat.... Nissan forum now to post how fab my Citroen Cactus is .....
2015 1.2 Puretech 82 Feel - Obsidian Black with Black Bubblewrap - 16" Square Alloys

Matressontheside

Post by Matressontheside » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:59 pm

I wouldn't think any main dealer would turn down a trade in, why would they, they just offer a low book price and send it to auction. Sounds like tosh to me.

Hang on, 179club has let me know that "we buy any car" are getting a name change...
K

110 (of course) All black Flair with panoramic roof - Cheltenham. And I do wave.
Like crime fiction? Comfy Monkey - Robbery and abduction, or an inside job?

Rubik

Post by Rubik » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:59 am

Strange, when I mentioned these screens some time ago and their operation, nobody was interested.

NEXT TOPIC.

Return to “Main C4 Cactus chat”