Creaky/Squeaky Clutch

All C4 Cactus related discussions
shederich

Creaky/Squeaky Clutch

Post by shederich » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:50 pm

Hi,
Does anyone know what could be causing a creaky/squeaky clutch? It only seems to happen when the car (C4 Cactus Blue Hdi) has been driven for a while (at least half an hour) i.e. when the engine is warm. For short journeys from cold, it has been fine - no squeaking.
I would just like to know if this is a potential sign of major problems.........or simply a "characteristic" of the vehicle?
Many thanks in advance,
Dave.

BristolRich

Re: Creaky/Squeaky Clutch

Post by BristolRich » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:40 pm

No...Its not a characteristic and shouldn't be doing it.

What are you doing or what are the circumstances of the squeak?

Is it squeaking only when you press down and release the pedal? Making a noise if you dress and hold? As you are slipping the clutch?
Ex - 2014 Hello Yellow Citroën C4 Cactus Hatchback 1.6 BlueHDi 100 Feel Edition

shederich

Post by shederich » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:29 pm

Yes, It is only squeaking when I am pressing and releasing the pedal......and then, only when the engine has warmed-up - I haven't noticed any problems with the clutch itself during normal driving.......

davew

Post by davew » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:22 pm

Its not clear from your description if the squeak is from the clutch pedal mechanism inside the car, or if it is originating in the actual clutch assembly closely associated with gearbox/engine. If the latter, it should be evident to someone standing outside the vehicle.

If its inside then it could just be that it simply needs a bit of lubrication.

shederich

Post by shederich » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:59 pm

Thanks guys,
Have taken it back to the dealer......and am getting a new cylinder fitted under warranty, so hopefully that will eliminate the squeaking noise :D

blackcountrycactus

Post by blackcountrycactus » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:20 pm

The wifes 1.6hdi car is now in an advanced stage of creeking clutch pedal after being told its characteristic of that modal, it is now slow to return( best described, it slaps you foot on return) and feels like its grinding on the way up,same as yours its a lot worse when warm,this is the only nagging problem with what is a good smooth car,but it feels awfull when in slow moving traffic.

Return to “Main C4 Cactus chat”