Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

cactus workshop manual

29K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  arp2012 
#1 ·
Hello I'm a new member- owner of citroen cactus 1.6 BlueHDi 100

I'm looking for the workshop manual or electrical diagram .
Can anyone send it to me ?

Regards

#3 ·
He is looking for a Workshop Manual, NOT for an Owner Manual.
I have searched the net for a WM but could not find any relevant to the Cactus. The best I could find is the parts catalog in the Service site of Citroen.

#5 ·
I am fairly certain there is no workshop manual like Haynes for the Cactus. When you think about it most cars are likely to be still under warranty so I guess there is probably little demand for one. What I use is http://service.citroen.com. You have to register as an independent repairer. That will give you access to part numbers, diagrams etc. For more detailed info like how take something apart you need to subscribe which I think costs about €5 for an hour. You can download all the documents you need and look at them at your leisure later on.

G
#6 ·
If the C4 is anything to go by it took years for Haynes to bring out a manual for it. They won't even consider it until a certain amount of cars have been produced to make it worthwhile. So I think it is going to be a long while before we see one for the Cactus.

Also as there are not as many things that are DIY on modern cars as there used to be they may die a slow death being not cost effective to produce.

#7 ·
I had a Haynes workshop manual for a 61 plate BMW Mini when it was a couple of years old. I think they do certain vehicles to 2016, don't forget how could you possibly print one for every vehicle as they come out. I went to the Haynes museum and round the back was where they strip down and photograph.

#10 ·
I lodged an enquiry on 24Oct19 with the Motor Industry Ombudsman following a rather negative response from Citroen on the provision of a workshop manual for my 2016 C4 Cactus 1.6 HDi Flair.

The basis of the enquiry is compliance with the EU directive of 2015 stating all items purchased which are capable of being 'maintained' MUST have a maintenance and repair manual provided free of charge to the owners of the items. Don't ya love the EU !

I received a response on 09DEC19 stating they are pursuing the enquiry with the parent company, Peugeot, following a less than helpful response from Citroen to them.

I wonder if the "B" word has anything to do with it??

Watch this space
Mark

#14 ·
Hi

I had a response from the motor industry ombudsman yesterday. Not the best news. They told me they settled on the side of Peugeot. Agreeing they had fulfilled their obligation by providing a web portal. I will challenge this.

Meanwhile you asked for the eu directive. I'll see if I can load this

Font Rectangle Art Circle Pattern

I hope this helps

Mark

Attachments

#15 ·
Than I'm afraid we won't get a manual because PSA provides their DIAGBOX information when you buy "tokens" that give you access to their information system. My independent garage-workshop-car dealer does get their information when they buy those "tokens". It give them access for a certain amount of time.
Now we just need someone that has direct access to that PSA system and put it online ;-)

#17 ·
After several months of waiting it looks like I may have a positive result. However, it still hasn't actually happened but it has left me hopeful for the moment.
I was informed on 22nd May 20 that if I contact my local dealer they will order me a copy of their own service & workshop manual and it will take between 5-10 days to arrive by post.
I will report back if this actually happens!!
Mark

#18 ·
good work that man,
better order about 1000. could be a lot of us wouldn't mind one.
I'm planning to get 10 years out of the cactus so would be useful.

Being serious! thanks for the post I'll be on the phone to my local dealer as soon as they are back of the Covid holiday.
Regards
BP

#25 ·
Hi Roger

You are absolutely correct. In every aspect except one. That they do not have the workshop manual for the 2016 C4 Cactus because it has never been written. Per motor industry ombudsman and Peugeot, responding for Citroen

Sadly this issue is not going to go away and neither does it look like anyone is going to do anything in the near future. Despite the requirements of European law since 2014 has made it compulsory for all motor manufacturers to provide full workshop manuals for the use of anyone who might use their vehicles in the future.
Mark

#26 ·
Mine was missing when I got the car. Have ordered one from e**y dot co dot uk and the seller claims it covers from 01/10/2019 to date. He lists (I think) 5 different year bands, mine being the latest. They are copied and bound ringback A5 size. His feedback is very high and the buyers all rate the manuals as very good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.