Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

firmware update for touch screen.

230K views 274 replies 89 participants last post by  PeterW 
#1 ·
I think it lags too much and ive heard its getting an update, i wish it would mirror my phone.
Anyone hears any news pleaee let us all know :shock:

#2 ·
Hi
Have also had a problem with the touchscreen lagging, amongst many other problems, and have been trying to get Citroen and the dealership to sort it out without any effect. Also the navigation continually gets me lost. Understand there are updates available but no one seems to know about them. Wish had never got this heap of junk.

#3 ·
Check which firmware version you are using. In my case it is SMEG 5.2.A.R9 Hold down the Gearwheel symbols for 3 secs to show firmware version.

From looking at one of the French forums, SMEG+ 6.05.C seems to be fitted to current C4/DS4 models. Possible allusion to updated hardware also.

None of the firmware updates seem to be available for download.

Mine sometimes starts at once but other times can take an age. I have often reversed out of the driveway before the reversing camera comes on....

However, I can't fault the Satnav - so far it has always got me to my destination and you can usually choose what type of route you prefer - fastest/shortest/time-distance/eco as well as having a full postcode input (enter in the town name input section... ) It is always worth checking the route before you set off especially if using a postcode.

#4 ·
Dadioglasgow said:
Check which firmware version you are using. In my case it is SMEG 5.2.A.R9 Hold down the Gearwheel symbols for 3 secs to show firmware version.
I have the same firmware too, and so far apart from some slowness to boot off the "Citroen" screen when it is cold outside I am experiencing no problems.

#5 ·
The firmware version I've got , is SMEG5.1.F.R4 and the only thing is the slow booting time on cold days

#8 ·
I have found that if I have been going along with the A/C on, then next time I start up the screen takes about 1-2 minutes to come on. If I stop fans and A/C then next time it comes on straight away. Anyone else noticed this ?

#13 ·
The units in the Cactus are based on a Magnetti Marelli interface product. Just because it looks like a tablet doesn't mean it is one in the same sense we know of a tablet with open architecture or software development and supporting apps.

Simply put , the screen provides nothing more than a button free interface to switch on/off functions.

#17 ·
Can some one tell me how the touch screen display of the Cactus reacts in cold / winter.
Since the response that i notices at the dealer was not that good, plus in winter touch screens are bit problematic.

#20 ·
Aileen, before you park your Cactus switch the panel to the fuel consumption screen. Next time you use reversed the camera should come up fast. By the way, I got a firmware update for the panel on Thursday. The whole system is much faster now and really reacts as it should be. My Cactus is from 12/2014, don't know if newer ones are already delivered with that firmware. The update was made with an USB stick.

#22 ·
I don't think that it's a software problem; it seems that Start/Stop is allowed to be turned off only at certain conditions. I have the manual version and I lately found out that if I push down the clutch before I turn off the Start/Stop function it turns off immediately.

#23 ·
We have had no problems at all with our screen.... I did notice when we first got it the screen seemed to take a while to start up but that does not seem to happen anymore for some reason.

We turn the start/stop off everyday and it just works every time. We have turned it off at different times - before we set off/ driving along the road etc no problems

Maybe our screen has already been updated as we have only had the car about a week. How do you find out what version is the latest etc

#25 ·
Catch said:
Aileen, before you park your Cactus switch the panel to the fuel consumption screen. Next time you use reversed the camera should come up fast. By the way, I got a firmware update for the panel on Thursday. The whole system is much faster now and really reacts as it should be. My Cactus is from 12/2014, don't know if newer ones are already delivered with that firmware. The update was made with an USB stick.
Can I ask where you got the update from ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.