Another satnav question

All C4 Cactus related discussions
The2ems

Another satnav question

Post by The2ems » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:19 pm

Is there anyway to get speed limits to display while using satnav? I have looked at the settings and the option is ticked. But at the top of that screen, there is an option to turn warning on or off. It is currently off, but it won’t turn on. Am I missing something?
PureTec 82 manual, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps

DavidP

Re: Another satnav question

Post by DavidP » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:55 pm

You have to purchase the speed camera/risk area POI file from Citroen online. I think is about £30 per year or £7 per month. Additionally, when you do get the speed limits on the display they are only for major roads. You'll be surprised that many "A" roads don't feature with the speed limits.

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:07 pm

DavidP wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:55 pm
You have to purchase the speed camera/risk area POI file from Citroen online. I think is about £30 per year or £7 per month. Additionally, when you do get the speed limits on the display they are only for major roads. You'll be surprised that many "A" roads don't feature with the speed limits.
Thanks for the reply. I don’t think I will bother. Just have to pay more attention to the road signs. :D

Pheon

Post by Pheon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:16 pm

Speed Limits must be model related. My Rip Curl displays them from new. I paid nothing, purchased nothing.

vaho

Post by vaho » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:21 pm

Or you can download and install it for free:
https://www.gpspower.net/peugeot-citroe ... 018-a.html
Citroen Cactus Feel 1.2, 2015, pearl white
Citroen C6 Exclusive 2.7HDI, 2006, black

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:52 pm

I’m too scared to do that on a brand new car. To be honest, I’m not confident enough not to bugger it up.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:22 am

DavidP wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:55 pm
I haven't purchased or done any upgrades and my satnav displays the speed limits in the top left corner of the screen. I have the Flair model so maybe that is a default package.
C4 Flair, Jelly Red c/w black bitz & all the bells and whistles

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:48 am

I also have the Flair. It did momentarily show the limit yesterday at top left, but I may have been going slightly over so that it was showing as a warning. I don’t really know. Or maybe it was before and after I got off the motorway. I will try to do some more research. But if what DavidP says is correct, about only some roads displaying the limit, then I’m not going to go out of my way to get something that isn’t really very useful.

davew

Post by davew » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:32 am

The2ems wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:48 am
I also have the Flair. It did momentarily show the limit yesterday at top left, but I may have been going slightly over so that it was showing as a warning. I don’t really know. Or maybe it was before and after I got off the motorway. I will try to do some more research. But if what DavidP says is correct, about only some roads displaying the limit, then I’m not going to go out of my way to get something that isn’t really very useful.
I wouldn't rely on the satnav indicated UK speed limits being correct on roads where the speed limit is controlled by a local authority (see guidelines https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... eed-limits).
The satnav mapping data just won't keep up to date on a frequent-enough basis...

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:52 am

I wouldn’t say I relied on it. But it was a feature that I had on TomTom that I now don’t. Certainly not a problem.

Return to “Main C4 Cactus chat”