Another satnav question

All C4 Cactus related discussions
Adrian

Re: Another satnav question

Post by Adrian » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:02 pm

As a supplimental to my post, I know for certain that it can display the incorrect speed limit as on Sunday on the way back from Brighton down the "scenic route" it displayed 60mph as I went past a sign stating 50mph. I'd been on the same road for a while and no change of zone had occured that I was aware of and I was doing 50 or just under. Obviously physical speed limits can change without prior notice so it shouldnt be relied upon & generally most road users should be aware of the speed limit for certain types of road in the UK.

I also know that it doesnt show the speed for all roads. I dont stare fixedly at the screen as a rule, so I couldnt say what percentage are and arent displayed. I generally only look at it if Im unsure of the speed on an unfamiliar road and havent seen a sign for a while.
C4 Flair, Jelly Red c/w black bitz & all the bells and whistles

sjhaycroft

Post by sjhaycroft » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:52 pm

I have the citroen connected app on my galaxy and there was a notification that there is a free mapping update available. Have a look online, that might update your speed limits.

JohnYoung

Post by JohnYoung » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:15 am

The2ems wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:52 pm
I’m too scared to do that on a brand new car. To be honest, I’m not confident enough not to bugger it up.
I know what you mean and I have never updated the screen firmware for that reason but you should be fine with the speed camera file as not like the screen firmware it is something the user can do themselves its just the file is not from the legit source... so its a user serviceable part I suppose I am trying to say. :D I have done mine a couple of times with no problems at all

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:24 am

JohnYoung wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:15 am
The2ems wrote:
I’m too scared to do that on a brand new car. To be honest, I’m not confident enough not to bugger it up.
I know what you mean and I have never updated the screen firmware for that reason but you should be fine with the speed camera file as not like the screen firmware it is something the user can do themselves its just the file is not from the legit source... so its a user serviceable part I suppose I am trying to say. :D I have done mine a couple of times with no problems at all
I’ve had a look at the post by vaho, and clicked the link, but I can’t figure out how to download the file. Will it work on Mac?
PureTec 82 manual, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps

Pheon

Post by Pheon » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:00 pm

The instructions for ugrading the satnav (which I have not done yet) seem very precise and came to me THIS WEEK through the My Citroen app.

The address is:
http://PSA.download.navigation.com/auto ... /41980.ZIP

I have also been given an "activation code".

I need to use at least a 16Meg USB stick. (I await one from Amazon). I shall report back

vaho

Post by vaho » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:01 pm

Unfortunately I do not know about Mac. You can try to download the file. On a PC you download the file and unpack it with Winrar or similar program. Then format the USB stick with FAT32 and copy the files to the stick. The file structure must be followed and it should look like this:

Speedcam update.jpg

Then start the car and insert USB to the center port (be sure that there is nothing in the other port). It will check compatibility and if all is ok proposes the download, push YES and wait the download to finish. Thats all. It is quick and somewhat different from the map update where you have to go to the map settings and so on. There is also no risk of doing it wrong, if the compatibility check fails, remove the USB stick and nothing is changed.

Update: it seems to be possible with Mac too, here is the link how to update maps but I assume the same goes with the speedcams: https://www.theobouzige.fr/archives/4919
Citroen Cactus Feel 1.2, 2015, pearl white
Citroen C6 Exclusive 2.7HDI, 2006, black

JohnYoung

Post by JohnYoung » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:36 pm

The2ems wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:24 am
JohnYoung wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:15 am
The2ems wrote:
I’ve had a look at the post by vaho, and clicked the link, but I can’t figure out how to download the file. Will it work on Mac?
I have not downloaded it for a while now but last time I did (last year) it worked fine and was simple to do. But I use a PC not a MC so little help I'm afraid

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:23 pm

I have another question regarding satnav. When entering a destination, that warning always comes up, right before the map. Is there any way to turn that off. I’ve looked through the safety warning options, and can’t find anything.
PureTec 82 manual, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps

Return to “Main C4 Cactus chat”