Anyone going to a launch of the new 2018 cactus ?

All C4 Cactus related discussions
rob13

Re: Anyone going to a launch of the new 2018 cactus ?

Post by rob13 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:40 pm

Well, i registered on citroen's web site for the "launch" and had a timed slot for the dealer in Banbury. I went up there as scheduled today - it wasn't much of a launch tbh, yes they had a 2018 cactus in the showroom but nothing special seemed to be going on..

Car was nice though, diesel flair with the pearlescent white, black rims - just like the one @JohnYoung posted above. I like the red accents - looked good. Seats proper comfy. For some reason (lhd origins i guess) the stop /start button is on the wrong side. Salesman chappie knew less than i did about the car which isn't unusual in my experience. nice chap though.

i need to have a proper drive before i make a decision to order one, but so far it looks like a good option. Need to see also if the kids can put up with the pop-outy windows. boot looks big enough for occasional dog transport so all good there.

Cactus4us

Post by Cactus4us » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:53 pm

Yes, drove one the other day. Only remembered afterwards that it was diesel - very quiet. Ride not as smooth as my high expectations but smooth and quite over cobbles. I like the overall refreshed look and the revised digital displays. The seats didn't feel anymore comfortable but I suppose they would to non Cactus owners. Disappointed Havana dropped and not keen on new interiors. Like keyless, folding wing mirrors and new handbrake. Like rob 13,the salesman didn't know more than me about new Cactus and previous Citroëns.
:roll: 18 June 2015 ~ 1.2 Puretech110S/S ~ Feel ~ Obsidian Black~ Black{Bumps}
____🌵_________🌵______Image__🌵______🌵________
Black[ ] 16"Wheels ~ Habana ~ Panoramic ~ Cactus decal ~ 21 Oct 2015 :D

srperry

Post by srperry » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:20 pm

Cactus4us wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:53 pm
Yes, drove one the other day. Only remembered afterwards that it was diesel - very quiet. Ride not as smooth as my high expectations but smooth and quite over cobbles. I like the overall refreshed look and the revised digital displays. The seats didn't feel anymore comfortable but I suppose they would to non Cactus owners. Disappointed Havana dropped and not keen on new interiors. Like keyless, folding wing mirrors and new handbrake. Like rob 13,the salesman didn't know more than me about new Cactus and previous Citroëns.
You could always buy a small BMW Mini and not have opening rear windows at all? Funny how the motoring 'jounalists' ignore that on the Mini but make a big issue of the Cactus rear windows.
PureTech 110 S&S Flair, Polar White/Black Bumps, Black Leather/Cloth with Stone Grey ambience + CityPark and BlackVue DR650GW-2CH Front & Rear cameras

Cactus4us

Post by Cactus4us » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:15 pm

srperry wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:20 pm
You could always buy a small BMW Mini and not have opening rear windows at all? Funny how the motoring 'jounalists' ignore that on the Mini but make a big issue of the Cactus rear windows.
This is meant for rob13 not me. I have never considered buying a mini. Neither the original nor the horrible overgrown ones now. That dash is weird :roll:
:roll: 18 June 2015 ~ 1.2 Puretech110S/S ~ Feel ~ Obsidian Black~ Black{Bumps}
____🌵_________🌵______Image__🌵______🌵________
Black[ ] 16"Wheels ~ Habana ~ Panoramic ~ Cactus decal ~ 21 Oct 2015 :D

srperry

Post by srperry » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:11 pm

Yes sorry about that!
PureTech 110 S&S Flair, Polar White/Black Bumps, Black Leather/Cloth with Stone Grey ambience + CityPark and BlackVue DR650GW-2CH Front & Rear cameras

SDCC

Post by SDCC » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:14 pm

I visited my local on Wednesday with my wife.

Losing the bumps is a MASSIVE turn off for us.

It felt lighter and more comfortable. Lots of incremental improvements. But it's lost what made it stand apart.
Blue Lagoon Flair. 1.2 110 with panoramic glass roof.

21 months in and only 12k on the clock. Going strong!

CactusBob

Post by CactusBob » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:26 am

I haven't seen one yet, but from the pics I have seen, I prefer my original shape Cactus. The new one has no roof bars or proper airbumps so the original design has been lost as far as I'm concerned. I've had mine for 2 years now and the PCP ends next year. I won't be changing to the new Cactus so not sure what to get instead. I like the looks of the Hyundai Kona, looks quirky and cool. Another year to enjoy my Cactus before I have to decide. I'm sure the new Cactus is a great car, but it's not for me, sorry.

Moro

Post by Moro » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:06 am

SDCC wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:14 pm
I visited my local on Wednesday with my wife.

Losing the bumps is a MASSIVE turn off for us.

It felt lighter and more comfortable. Lots of incremental improvements. But it's lost what made it stand apart.
I was visiting my dealer on Thursday having the final warranty work carried out before the car turns 3 next Saturday and I saw a 67 plate one in a rather fetching shade of metallic blue.

Without the original Airbumps and roof rails it now looks quite generic and no longer appeals to me for those reasons. The Airbumps in particular I find most useful.

There are much more technically advanced cars on the market in 2018 too. The lack of any kind of meaningful autonomy other than AEB is woeful, as are no options for either electrically folding mirrors or auto dimming rear view mirror.
Flair 110S&S Arctic Silver / Grey Airbumps : Habana : Panoramic Roof : Spare Wheel

Softrider

Post by Softrider » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:06 pm

CactusBob wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:26 am
I haven't seen one yet, but from the pics I have seen, I prefer my original shape Cactus. The new one has no roof bars or proper airbumps so the original design has been lost as far as I'm concerned. I've had mine for 2 years now and the PCP ends next year. I won't be changing to the new Cactus so not sure what to get instead. I like the looks of the Hyundai Kona, looks quirky and cool. Another year to enjoy my Cactus before I have to decide. I'm sure the new Cactus is a great car, but it's not for me, sorry.
We had our Cactus BlueHDi 100 for 3.5 years and drove it approx. 90000 Km (56000 miles) before it was sold in early January this year. I like the overall design of the new Cactus, but what was special about the original Cactus is gone. We therefore chose to buy a 2017 C4 Picasso, which also has a fairly special design and identity :)
2017 Citroën C4 Picasso BlueHDi 120
History: 2002 Citroën C5 2.0 HDi, 2014 Citroën C4 Cactus BlueHDi 100

SDCC

Post by SDCC » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:56 pm

The guys we spoke to were very upfront that the design has been normalised so they can chase the more numerous 'non-appreciators' of the bumps.

I don't blame them. It's a business decision.

But they've lost our custom moving forward.
Blue Lagoon Flair. 1.2 110 with panoramic glass roof.

21 months in and only 12k on the clock. Going strong!