Anyone going to a launch of the new 2018 cactus ?

All C4 Cactus related discussions
JohnYoung

Re: Anyone going to a launch of the new 2018 cactus ?

Post by JohnYoung » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:07 pm

rob13 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:40 pm
Well, i registered on citroen's web site for the "launch" and had a timed slot for the dealer in Banbury. I went up there as scheduled today - it wasn't much of a launch tbh, yes they had a 2018 cactus in the showroom but nothing special seemed to be going on..

Car was nice though, diesel flair with the pearlescent white, black rims - just like the one @JohnYoung posted above. I like the red accents - looked good. Seats proper comfy. For some reason (lhd origins i guess) the stop /start button is on the wrong side. Salesman chappie knew less than i did about the car which isn't unusual in my experience. nice chap though.

i need to have a proper drive before i make a decision to order one, but so far it looks like a good option. Need to see also if the kids can put up with the pop-outy windows. boot looks big enough for occasional dog transport so all good there.

Yes we will need a proper test drive to decide but it was the same for us with the salesman. Nice guy but knew little and the launch was nothing special at all. Was expecting some kind of party atmosphere after they rang us multiple times to go there. I think they got some kind of pat on the back from Citroen for how many test drives they did.

What was different about handbrake. I drove it but cannot recall noticing anything ?

Also I am right in thinking it still never had a rev-counter. Forgot to take note as I was chatting the the sales man

SDCC

Post by SDCC » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:34 am

JohnYoung wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:07 pm

Yes we will need a proper test drive to decide but it was the same for us with the salesman. Nice guy but knew little and the launch was nothing special at all. Was expecting some kind of party atmosphere after they rang us multiple times to go there. I think they got some kind of pat on the back from Citroen for how many test drives they did.

What was different about handbrake. I drove it but cannot recall noticing anything ?

Also I am right in thinking it still never had a rev-counter. Forgot to take note as I was chatting the the sales man
No big fuss at our dealer either which we found odd.

The handbrake was just a different design. Looked nicer :)

Nope, no rev counter! Would be nice.
Blue Lagoon Flair. 1.2 110 with panoramic glass roof.

21 months in and only 12k on the clock. Going strong!

FrankBullitt

Post by FrankBullitt » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:56 am

SDCC wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:56 pm
The guys we spoke to were very upfront that the design has been normalised so they can chase the more numerous 'non-appreciators' of the bumps.

I don't blame them. It's a business decision.

But they've lost our custom moving forward.
For some reason Citroën haven’t planned the replacement of the C4 hatch (and DS4 for that matter) terribly well which means in order to create a stop-gap to replace the under achieving normal hatchback which like most Citroen’s has a 6-7 year model life with the next proper C4 on the EMP2 platform, the C4 Cactus has to spend up to 2 years being attractive to a wider audience. Why it took Citroën so long with EMP2 being under the 308 and C4P/GP from summer 2013 is anyone’s guess.

Citroën have already said they only intended the Cactus to be a single generation model with much of the learning and successful elements of the design integrated into the rest of the range; the new C3 seems to be selling well as a result of this as will, no doubt, the Aircross - the Cacti has served its initial purpose.

SDCC

Post by SDCC » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:28 pm

FrankBullitt wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:56 am
SDCC wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:56 pm
The guys we spoke to were very upfront that the design has been normalised so they can chase the more numerous 'non-appreciators' of the bumps.

I don't blame them. It's a business decision.

But they've lost our custom moving forward.
For some reason Citroën haven’t planned the replacement of the C4 hatch (and DS4 for that matter) terribly well which means in order to create a stop-gap to replace the under achieving normal hatchback which like most Citroen’s has a 6-7 year model life with the next proper C4 on the EMP2 platform, the C4 Cactus has to spend up to 2 years being attractive to a wider audience. Why it took Citroën so long with EMP2 being under the 308 and C4P/GP from summer 2013 is anyone’s guess.

Citroën have already said they only intended the Cactus to be a single generation model with much of the learning and successful elements of the design integrated into the rest of the range; the new C3 seems to be selling well as a result of this as will, no doubt, the Aircross - the Cacti has served its initial purpose.
Appreciate the thorough response!

But we'll buy this Cactus and keep it rather than getting anything more with them.
Blue Lagoon Flair. 1.2 110 with panoramic glass roof.

21 months in and only 12k on the clock. Going strong!

Tippeh

Post by Tippeh » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:37 pm

I had a chat with the Citroen dealer in Telford about the new cactus... it sounds lovely, certainly looks more comfortable (I refused point blank to get in it as I was very aware how far out of my price range it was!)... but I miss those air bumps. It's just not the same.

FrankBullitt

Post by FrankBullitt » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:26 pm

I wouldn’t worry about the price, give it 4-6 months and Evans Halshaw will be throwing everything they can at them.

jacques38

Post by jacques38 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:17 am

Hello.
Essai : Nouveau Citroën C4 Cactus : Entre curiosité et circonspection.
https://www.blog-moteur.com/41337/nouve ... -2018.html
;)

rob13

Post by rob13 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:50 pm

jacques38 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:17 am
Hello.
Essai : Nouveau Citroën C4 Cactus : Entre curiosité et circonspection.
https://www.blog-moteur.com/41337/nouve ... -2018.html
;)
Interesting:

in google English: https://translate.google.com/translate? ... t=&act=url

Return to “Main C4 Cactus chat”