Pop out window latch loose

All C4 Cactus related discussions
Scratch23

Pop out window latch loose

Post by Scratch23 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:00 pm

My 2015 cactus hdi,the pop out window latch has come loose on the near side rear,has anyone else had this problem,if so do you know how to fix :D

Gallilee

Re: Pop out window latch loose

Post by Gallilee » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:18 pm

Im notsure if youhave resolved this but it is easy if a little fiddly, 3 screws one on outer door 2 on the latch itself, undo all the latch is free, spin to remove off the bolt, once free turn upside down, this will allow u to pop the lid off the panel to access the nut, reassemble the screws ect leaving nut an cap in hand. Then re do nut pop on cap jobs a good un :D.

minimike

Post by minimike » Thu May 10, 2018 3:34 pm

I've just tightened mine up on the rear passenger side.

I think it is possible to do it by simply opening the window to allow you access to 'pop' off the plastic cover (on the plastic part that fits to the glass) with a fine screw driver. Be gentle!

Under this cover is a nut. This will be loose....a 10mm socket and extension is needed to simply tighten it. I would avoid over tightening in case you break the window!!!!

If mine becomes loose again I will use some thread lock glue to retain the nut once nipped.

Mike.

Scratch23

Post by Scratch23 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:50 am

All done now by citroen, but thanks for the replies as I can do myself if it happens again 😀

JonClark

Post by JonClark » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:14 pm

Thanks for the advice from this thread. Just reattached the latch. Didn't take long, just be careful when tightening the nut.