Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

Glovebox rivets

9K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  The2ems 
#1 ·
Help,
The car wash people have managed to scrub away 4 of my glovebox rivets that decorate the top of the box.
Does anyone know how I replace them please (only had the car a few weeks so trying to keep it nice)

#12 ·
I'm curious to know what the glove box looks like, where the missing "rivets" should be - a rivet implies a hole through the lid itself.
Or were the missing "rivet" heads / "buttons" simply stuck on anyway ? - which might explain the ease with which they have disappeared.

#13 ·
They are not really rivets - sorry my description was not good, they are decorative black bumps which sit on top of the glovebox .
I have added a picture.
Now it seems Citroen say I need a new glove box lid if I want it to look new again.
( I won't even say how much that is)
So plan b I am thinking of what is similar ie a 3D raised sticker or a black plug type thing similar to what you put in diy joints to hide screw head.
Any ideas gratefully received

Attachments

#15 ·
My thoughts are that you would have a hard time convincing Citroen that the issue is anything to do with defective items/ poor manufacturing, and they would decline going down the warranty claim route.

Looking at your photograph, the missing button position shows a circular well of about 1mm depth and it looks likely to me that someone has possibly used an interior cleaning spray containing a solvent that dissolved the adhesive holding the factory fitted buttons to the lid, and that is why they have become detached.

The suggestion for self adhesive replacements given in https://www.cactusforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3462#p22775 a few posts back looks to me the best way - try searching on ebay for "black silicone feet" and you'll find lots of choice.
My approximate assessment of the size you would require is 8mm diameter by 2 mm depth, but you should verify those dimensions before you buy...

#16 ·
If it were me, and the people who caused the damage have agreed to pay, I would go for a complete new glovebox lid. Buying "something that fits" from a non Citroen supplier, is going to result in a mis match between old and new, and would probably look a bit naf.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.