Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

Au revoir

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JohnYoung 
#1 ·
Hi guys. After a bumpy 18 months with my cactus I decided to sell her. Don't get me wrong I loved the car and was out cleaning it every weekend without fail but the last 2 month's were horrendous with countless dealer visits for the clutch and I had the 110 misfire issue that has been well documented on here. Thanks for all the help/info over the past 18 months on the forum. I'm sure I'll love my new car the same (if not more).

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Well, mines been bloody close to saying 'au revoir'. Its just the costs of replacement which is prohibitive for us.

For a Sept 14 car which has covered 34,000 miles it has had so many recalls and replacement parts well exceeding £3000. Here are a few.

Catalytic converter, new rear discs and pads, 2 rear doors, multiple re-sprays (6), latches, adblue reservoir and injector and no doubt other faults I have forgotten about. Just had its BIG service and MOT yesterday which has cost £480. The only thing which has been faultless is the engine.

#5 ·
Congratulations on the new car looks great - As we discussed in my thread I have now left Citroen for SEAT

I am a little different to you and had no problems at all with my Cactus (100bhp Diesel) we traveled all over the country with her (Sophia) and she never missed a beat and never let us down. It was with a heavy heart we parted with her but it was the end of the 3 years. We did look at a new Cactus but they were a little to expensive for us.

The New SEAT is a brilliant car and hopefully be as good as the Cactus

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.