End of the Road....

All C4 Cactus related discussions
JohnYoung

End of the Road....

Post by JohnYoung » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:46 pm

Well its with a heavy heart that after today I wont have the Cactus. Its the end of our time with the Cactus :( and what a BRILLIANT car its been. I honestly cannot fault it and its been a pleasure to own. We did look at a new one but they are out of our price range

I will soon be selling a spare wheel to fit the cactus if anyone wants one

The Cactus has been one of the best if not THE best car we have owned so far

srperry

Re: End of the Road....

Post by srperry » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:24 pm

Sorry to hear that! Stay in touch with the forum though?

Mine is up for renewal in March, but I can't say I like the lack of indiviuality of the new model, so I will probably either keep mine or switch brands - possibly to MG who my dealer also represents.
PureTech 110 S&S Flair, Polar White/Black Bumps, Black Leather/Cloth with Stone Grey ambience + CityPark and BlackVue DR650GW-2CH Front & Rear cameras

Keith

Post by Keith » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:39 pm

Sad to to hear that John. Thanks for all your input to the forum.

Just to let you know the T shirts, mouse mat and the mug are all still going strong.

You will be missed.
Shark Grey - Black Air Bumps - Flair 82ETG - Panoramic Sunroof - City Park pack.Image

JohnYoung

Post by JohnYoung » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:06 pm

Thank you both very much appreciated and I will be around for a while yet. So happy your T-Shirt etc are all Good

I only hope the new car is half as good as the Cactus (Its an Seat Ibiza FR)

paully

Post by paully » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:13 pm

Sorry to hear you leaving John, do keep in touch and all the best with the Ibiza
110 Flair in Pearlescent White, Leather interior with Black Bumps

JohnYoung

Post by JohnYoung » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:15 pm

paully wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:13 pm
Sorry to hear you leaving John, do keep in touch and all the best with the Ibiza

Thanks mate - just picked the Ibiza up and straight off the touch screen is in a different league to the cactus. So sensitive and far better resolution

davew

Post by davew » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:22 am

Cheers John, thanks for all your inputs to the forum.

I guess you've gone for a diesel version of the new car - lets us know more about it after you've driven it for a week or so.

JohnYoung

Post by JohnYoung » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:29 pm

Well had it since last Friday so not a week yet but had a few drives in it. Its a petrol 1.2 (110 bhp) and its brilliant. Its like a little go-cart really a lot quicker than I thought it would be :shock: for only 10bh extra over the Cactus but that id diesel of course.

Apart from screen one big difference is how nothing creaks or squeaks inside. No annoying noises at all its very refined but apparently its owned by VW and Audi is made in the SEAT factory so should be built well

Of course loved the Cactus and it will always have a place in my heart but this is a good next car to own a different beast altogether and much more common than when we first got the Cactus. I noticed today there are now LOADS more cactus on the road

The wheels are 16" and my spare for Cactus is 17" so looks like I will be selling on here first before ebay if anyone is interested its never been used but I will have to get a one for the SEAT now as that also does not have a spare :roll:

sjhaycroft

Post by sjhaycroft » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:27 pm

I too got rid of my cactus not long ago. Although under different circumstances to yourself. Constantly back and forth to the dealer for various faults. Decided to get rid before the warranty expires. I went for a Toyota C-hr hybrid which I've had for just under 2 weeks now and the difference in quality is unreal. On some journeys this thing has returned 82 mpg (highest I've had yet).
Beautiful vehicle too.

20180912_193625.jpg

JohnYoung

Post by JohnYoung » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:56 pm

Very nice indeed....

Here is our Seat

Return to “Main C4 Cactus chat”