Touchscreen response but no action

All C4 Cactus related discussions
petem90

Touchscreen response but no action

Post by petem90 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:32 pm

Hi all,

this is my first post and I wondered if anyone had experienced the same issues as me. I've found that pressing the speed limiter buttons on the touchscreen doesn't actually change the speed limit on the dashboard. My first thought was what I just hadn't pressed hard enough, however, when I touch the button, it 'lights up' indicating that it detected being pressed. It can sometimes do this two or three times, but still not actually make the change on the dashboard and the limiter itself doesn't change. This is all on a 64 plate Cactus, the diesel one on the middle spec level (I think I'm meant to know the trim name, aren't I?! :lol: )

I hope that makes sense, hasn't been posted elsewhere and I've missed it, and that someone has also experienced the problem and has the solution!

Thanks

The2ems

Re: Touchscreen response but no action

Post by The2ems » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Have you also turned the roller switch on the steering wheel spoke?
PureTec 82 manual, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps

paully

Post by paully » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:11 pm

After you have pressed the `Desired speed` on the touchscreen you have to press the activate switch on the steering wheel, which is situated just above the roller switch and the right hand of the two buttons..if that makes sense
110 Flair in Pearlescent White, Leather interior with Black Bumps

davew

Post by davew » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:58 am

I've never used either speed limiter or cruise control but I notice that according to the User Manual, in speed limiter mode = roller switch up, the speed should be capable of being set without the speed limiter being ON, whereas for the cruise control mode = roller switch down, this mode has to be ON - activated by touching the + or - button next to roller switch, before the speed setting can be changed.

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:13 am

davew wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:58 am
I've never used either speed limiter or cruise control
You don’t know what you’re missing 8-)
PureTec 82 manual, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps

petem90

Post by petem90 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:31 am

Hi all,

thanks for the responses, I think I haven't explained myself clearly! The actual speed limiter system works fine and dutifully limits speed when operated. I can change the limit from the steering wheel controls no problem and 90% of the time, the touch screen presets are fine, it just seems that sometimes, when you touch a preset speed, the touch screen 'registers' the touch but the speed setting doesn't change. It is as though there isn't a problem with the touch screen as it lights up/flashes the button to indicate it has been touched, but more with the transmission to the actual speed limiter system.

I hope that makes more sense!

Thanks,

Pete

davew

Post by davew » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:02 pm

That's much clearer now.
Have you used the search box for the cactus forums to look for similar reports of issues with the cruise control and limiter?
- The operation of both seems rather similar so it might be worth looking for issues with both modes...

petem90

Post by petem90 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:33 pm

davew wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:02 pm
That's much clearer now.
Have you used the search box for the cactus forums to look for similar reports of issues with the cruise control and limiter?
- The operation of both seems rather similar so it might be worth looking for issues with both modes...
Thanks, I have had a good search around the forums but couldn't find anyone with the same problem, either for speed limiter or cruise control presets. I've been in touch with the local dealer I got it from as it is still under their 1 year warranty. They're going to have a look and maybe update the software. When I've looked, the firmware is dated 2014 so maybe due a change?

Does anyone know of a changelog of what has been updated on the firmware since release? I'd like it if there was a quick way to switch shuffle on and off on the media player!

davew

Post by davew » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:12 pm

petem90 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:33 pm

I've been in touch with the local dealer I got it from as it is still under their 1 year warranty. They're going to have a look and maybe update the software. When I've looked, the firmware is dated 2014 so maybe due a change?
I think there have been at least 5 firmware update versions since then, so certainly due for changing.

Return to “Main C4 Cactus chat”