Extended Warranty?

All C4 Cactus related discussions
Flairplayer

Extended Warranty?

Post by Flairplayer » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:31 am

I'm coming to the end of a 3 year PCP contract. The car is booked in for service and MOT a month before the end date. I don't have to make an immediate decision.
I've seen that some Cactus owners have had problems with their cars. I hope I don't jinx mine, but I've done nearly 23k miles without problems, just the bonnet catch recall. Yes the car has it's faults, but I still enjoy driving it.
I don't fancy the bland appearance of the new Cactus, so I've pretty much decided to keep mine.
Does anyone have any views about buying an extended warranty? From what I can see Citreon offer one, but only for a further year.
I've had a look online. Prices seem to vary considerably. Reviews can't always be trusted. One company gets around 4.5 stars on Trustpilot, but on digging into those I found that the good reviews referred to setting up the contract. Actual claimants gave 1 star reviews.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
1.2 Puretech 110 Flair, Blue Lagoon, black air bumps, black roofbars, sunroof.
Added spare wheel, rubber mat set, boot liner, front and rear mudflaps

nc111

Re: Extended Warranty?

Post by nc111 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:49 pm

It can depend on T&C and what exclusions are applied. What happens if a known fault occurs, would Citroen be liable as its known, would it be replaced under the new extended warranty, or would they claim an exclusion?

According to autoexpress warranties offered towards the end of existing warranty isn't as comprehensive as those bought when the car is new
1.6 BlueHDi Feel in Black on Black with Privacy Glass, Feel City Park Pack, and Navigation & HiFi pack,

berapotter

Post by berapotter » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:47 pm

I'm in same position. Next week is last service and first MOT.
Have decided to trust my local service station after that.
I have used them for 30 years, they always do a good job without taking the p*** and don't charge the earth.
Guess means I'm lucky as I won't pay through the nose for the jobs I can't be bothered to do anymore (mainly because I don't have the kit)
Black Flair 110 s&s

nc111

Post by nc111 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:24 pm

Warranty is effectively insurance, in case something goes wrong. I suppose it depends how much the warranty costs, versus the cost of repair and likelihood. Warranties have caveats too though, the old wear and tear, argument. So something may go and you end up paying.

What has people been quoted for warranties?
1.6 BlueHDi Feel in Black on Black with Privacy Glass, Feel City Park Pack, and Navigation & HiFi pack,

blackcountrycactus

Post by blackcountrycactus » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:39 pm

£229 or £22.90 per month on citroen website
All black 1.6hdi flair with pano-2016

Flairplayer

Post by Flairplayer » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:22 pm

Thanks for the posts to date. It seems a bit of a minefield so I'll look carefully before I leap.
1.2 Puretech 110 Flair, Blue Lagoon, black air bumps, black roofbars, sunroof.
Added spare wheel, rubber mat set, boot liner, front and rear mudflaps