Radio issues

All C4 Cactus related discussions
Captpicard
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:59 am

Radio issues

Post by Captpicard » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:21 pm

Hi, I've had my cactus a number of month's now and all through this time I have found the radio -borh FM and dab utter rubbish in relation to reception.
Anyone else had this issue and have. Solution?
Regards mark
2016 - '16 plate 1.6 blueHDI 100 flair in silver with black airbumps . Manual


blackcountrycactus
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:40 pm
Location: west midlands

Re: Radio issues

Post by blackcountrycactus » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:47 pm

good point, can you believe the dab radio loose's reception around Worcester city centre and going up M5, FM seems fine but need planet rock :o
All black 1.6hdi flair with pano-2016


davew
Posts: 641
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Radio issues

Post by davew » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:39 am

Captpicard wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:21 pm
Hi, I've had my cactus a number of month's now and all through this time I have found the radio -borh FM and dab utter rubbish in relation to reception.
Anyone else had this issue and have. Solution?
Regards mark
Is this problem for all stations or particular ones that you want? What area are you in?


davew
Posts: 641
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Radio issues

Post by davew » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:44 am

blackcountrycactus wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:47 pm
good point, can you believe the dab radio loose's reception around Worcester city centre and going up M5, FM seems fine but need planet rock :o
According to http://www.wohnort.org/dab/uknat.html Planet Rock is available through the National 2 DAB ensemble.
The claimed coverage is 73% - 75% of UK households and 63% - 65% of UK major UK roads, so it seems there must be a lot of bad coverage areas.


Adrian
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 pm

Re: Radio issues

Post by Adrian » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:22 am

The problem with digital is you've either got it or you havent. Theres no inbetween.
C4 Flair, Jelly Red c/w black bitz & all the bells and whistles


blackcountrycactus
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:40 pm
Location: west midlands

Re: Radio issues

Post by blackcountrycactus » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:26 pm

davew wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:44 am
blackcountrycactus wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:47 pm
good point, can you believe the dab radio loose's reception around Worcester city centre and going up M5, FM seems fine but need planet rock :o
According to http://www.wohnort.org/dab/uknat.html Planet Rock is available through the National 2 DAB ensemble.
The claimed coverage is 73% - 75% of UK households and 63% - 65% of UK major UK roads, so it seems there must be a lot of bad coverage areas.
Blimey didn't know dab was that low a coverage thought it was equal or as good as FM in this day and age. It works fine in and around most of Birmingham though.
All black 1.6hdi flair with pano-2016


User avatar
Evilpaul
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:39 pm

Re: Radio issues

Post by Evilpaul » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:16 pm

Another thing that may be related is if you use anything plugged into the lighter socket, especially the USB charging adapters. They are generally cheaply made crap that puts out an EMF that really affect DAB performance.
PureTech 110 Flair, Sport Red, Sunroof, Black Leather, Red Mirrors, Red Decal


Captpicard
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:59 am

Re: Radio issues

Post by Captpicard » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:35 pm

Evilpaul wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:16 pm
Another thing that may be related is if you use anything plugged into the lighter socket, especially the USB charging adapters. They are generally cheaply made crap that puts out an EMF that really affect DAB performance.
Nothing plugged in .?
2016 - '16 plate 1.6 blueHDI 100 flair in silver with black airbumps . Manual


Captpicard
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:59 am

Re: Radio issues

Post by Captpicard » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:37 pm

davew wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:39 am
Captpicard wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:21 pm
Hi, I've had my cactus a number of month's now and all through this time I have found the radio -borh FM and dab utter rubbish in relation to reception.
Anyone else had this issue and have. Solution?
Regards mark
Is this problem for all stations or particular ones that you want? What area are you in?
Tends to be most, both on FM and dab ,and u live in Stoke on Trent
2016 - '16 plate 1.6 blueHDI 100 flair in silver with black airbumps . Manual


davew
Posts: 641
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Radio issues

Post by davew » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:50 am

Captpicard wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:37 pm
davew wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:39 am
Captpicard wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:21 pm
Hi, I've had my cactus a number of month's now and all through this time I have found the radio -borh FM and dab utter rubbish in relation to reception.
Anyone else had this issue and have. Solution?
Regards mark
Is this problem for all stations or particular ones that you want? What area are you in?
Tends to be most, both on FM and dab ,and u live in Stoke on Trent
Looks like you are unfortunately close to an area of patchy DAB coverage.
According to this site https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/dab/Alsagers_Bank the transmitters at Alsagers Bank provide the transmissions for your area for 4 DAB ensembles which carry numerous BBC and Commercial radio broadcasts. The coverage plots all show poor signal to the immediate North and East of Stoke on Trent for these signals, but much better to the North West and West.
If your reception is poor in those better directions I'd suspect that your car aerial is at fault. Is it the original manufacturers type of about 40 cm length or has it been changed to a shorter version, or a sharks fin?


Post Reply

Return to “Main C4 Cactus chat”