200 Miles of Likes, Disnae Likes & Thoughts.

All C4 Cactus related discussions
Jamesie

200 Miles of Likes, Disnae Likes & Thoughts.

Post by Jamesie » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:39 pm

Yup. Reckon me and this wee motor are gonna get on just dandy.

- The steering is beautifully light. Never understood why “feel” is considered so important. I know where the wheels are because Im in charge of where to point them.
- Once I learned the 3 Finger Tap trick, the info-tainment screen is smashin’. I know the motoring press say it ain’t the best but coming from a 59 plate BMW it’s totally Ster Trek.
- The 110 Puretech is a cracker.
- Comfort is totally the new cool.
- Gear shift is a bit long and loose and I keep banging my elbow on the armrest. But, I like the tall first gear and it’s a fine cruiser in 6th.
- Mine has the split rear folding seat. I’ve never used a split rear folding seat in 25 years driving.
- My enormous 10yr old son reckons he has loads of room in the back. AND, he can actually sit behind me! In your face BMW!
- These are the worst cup holders in the world ever. Keeping my eyes peeled for larger cups with a skinny bottom... (Oh Missus! Oh Don’t! No! Please etc etc)
- The indicators are still too quiet.
- Absolutely picked the right colour.
- Er
- That’s it

See youse on the road

J

A671D39E-9A5C-4C33-833D-CF9544F7F097.jpeg

6FBB880D-AD6A-4153-8F3C-98FFF97D326C.jpeg

hellooo

Re: 200 Miles of Likes, Disnae Likes & Thoughts.

Post by hellooo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:31 pm

Have done 700 miles in my Platinum Grey Flair and like it. Agree with all of your points. Still finding the roll in fast corners strange but otherwise liking it. Interior nowhere near as premium as Golf or Leon, but different is cool. Engine brilliant and gearbox more pleasant than previous Seat Ibiza.

Zopilote

Post by Zopilote » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:29 pm

Love the color! I have a white one with 6000 km on the odometer and I agree on almost all of your remarks. Going nuts over the silent indicators, but love the comfort. Mine is a 110hp automatic and the program in the gearbox are a little strange (never sixth gear below 100 km/h), but nicer than my previous ETG.
Last week I had a rental Volvo V40 -18, and I was VERY happy to get my Cactus back :D :D

ianfreeman

Post by ianfreeman » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:16 pm

Do you mind me asking what the 'three-finger tap trick' is?
Flair PureTech 110 S&S EAT6 Auto, Deep Purple

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:29 am

I think he means tap three times, usually with increased ferocity, before the bugger decides to respond. In the world of sensitivity, the screen is a bit "Tom Chance"
C4 Flair, Jelly Red c/w black bitz & all the bells and whistles

paully

Post by paully » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:54 am

Adrian wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:29 am
I think he means tap three times, usually with increased ferocity, before the bugger decides to respond. In the world of sensitivity, the screen is a bit "Tom Chance"

LOL :lol: ..Know exactly what you mean..That`s usually me trying to get the Stop/Start to turn off ...aah French electrics eh?? :lol:
110 Flair in Pearlescent White, Leather interior with Black Bumps

Jamesie

Post by Jamesie » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:04 pm

Obviously, Adrian & Paully remain deluded that those white icons on either side of the touch screen are actually controls! No! They are but mere illuminated baubles of uselessness. Waste not your attentions on them, employ The 3 Finger Tap Trick and save your frustrations to vent elsewhere!

“Tap” the centre of the touchscreen with “3 Fingers” simultaneously. Be transported to the home menu in an instant and let serenity calm tranquility and smugness rule your day.

paully

Post by paully » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:55 pm

Jamesie wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:04 pm
Obviously, Adrian & Paully remain deluded that those white icons on either side of the touch screen are actually controls! No! They are but mere illuminated baubles of uselessness. Waste not your attentions on them, employ The 3 Finger Tap Trick and save your frustrations to vent elsewhere!

“Tap” the centre of the touchscreen with “3 Fingers” simultaneously. Be transported to the home menu in an instant and let serenity calm tranquility and smugness rule your day.

I shall suspend both delusion and incredulity until tomorrow morning..I`ll let you know.

davew

Post by davew » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:30 pm

Jamesie wrote:

I rather think this 3 finger trick doesn't apply for the SMEG+ unit in pre-2018 cars...

According to the respective handbooks, the 2018 cars have a capacitive touch screen, the pre- 2018 vehicles have a resistive type. The 3 finger tap is described in the 2018 handbook, but for the previous cars it is stated that using more than one finger is not recognised...

paully

Post by paully » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:12 pm

davew wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:30 pm
Jamesie wrote:

I rather think this 3 finger trick doesn't apply for the SMEG+ unit in pre-2018 cars...

According to the respective handbooks, the 2018 cars have a capacitive touch screen, the pre- 2018 vehicles have a resistive type. The 3 finger tap is described in the 2018 handbook, but for the previous cars it is stated that using more than one finger is not recognised...

I`m grateful for your further advice Dave and shall happily go back to bashing the non responsive little devils with renewed vigour :twisted: :lol:

Return to “Main C4 Cactus chat”