Horse poo smell

All C4 Cactus related discussions
szaBIKA

Horse poo smell

Post by szaBIKA » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:33 pm

Hi! I am finally proud owner of a Cactus C4, from 2016, bought in the weekend from Yeomans Citroen, Fareham. All looks good right now, just one annoing thing which we didnt really felt when we test the car. And this is the smell of the horse poo. It starts to feel after starting the engine/airocondition. I know it sounds funny but I dont know what to do with this? Anybody happened the same? Or any advice? Thanks . Otherwise i just love the car. Hope some of you can help, from where to start!
Thanks in advance for helps

:) :D ;) 8-)
Citroen C4 Cactus Flair, 110HP, BLUE, 2016 8-) :D

Chris

Re: Horse poo smell

Post by Chris » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:07 pm

You need your Air con disinfecting.
Very cheap and easy to do
Just buy an Air Con Bomb:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-Granville ... :rk:1:pf:0

I use them all the time as I am a Car Valeter/Detailer

davew

Post by davew » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:11 pm

szaBIKA wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:33 pm
Hi! I am finally proud owner of a Cactus C4, from 2016, bought in the weekend from Yeomans Citroen, Fareham. All looks good right now, just one annoing thing which we didnt really felt when we test the car. And this is the smell of the horse poo. It starts to feel after starting the engine/airocondition. I know it sounds funny but I dont know what to do with this? Anybody happened the same? Or any advice? Thanks . Otherwise i just love the car. Hope some of you can help, from where to start!
Thanks in advance for helps

:) :D ;) 8-)
Its a well known effect in many cars when bacteria has built up in the a/c - you can probably get rid of it by changing the pollen filter elements plus an antibacterial spray into the a/c inlet where external air is drawn into the system

szaBIKA

Post by szaBIKA » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:51 pm

Thanks, ordered the item. Really appreciate your help. I will keep updating after using +I will change the cabin filter.

szaBIKA

Post by szaBIKA » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:19 am

Hi. I used that spray, and after 1 week still nice smell in my car. Just a little bit sometimes I still feel that smell. But much better than before. Thank you!