Anti Corrosion Inspection? Rip off or not?

All C4 Cactus related discussions
Muddles

Anti Corrosion Inspection? Rip off or not?

Post by Muddles » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:14 pm

I've booked my Cactus in for it's 2nd MOT and service. They tell me now it's 4yrs old its due for it's anti corrosion inspection (at a cost of £50 quid) otherwise my anti corrosion warranty won't be valid. So I asked them if they find rust on the car what happens, is the work done FOC or do I have to pay. They cleverly answered if the rust was due to something happening and I hadn't noticed and not done anything about it, then I'd have to pay and it wouldn't be covered by the anti corrosion warranty. But if it was due to something rusting earlier than it should like underneath somewhere, then it should be covered by warranty. 'Should be' not 'Will be'.

Knowing the Cactus problems with the rusting doors, which I didnt have thank goodness, I'm wondering if it's really worth paying out £50 for the anti corrosion inspection. I can remember when I had Fiat's the inspections were annually and were free of charge. Not sure if that's still the case. Seem's a bit of a rip off to me to charge someone to check over something that is covered by warranty.

Anyone else got any opinions or experience of this?
2015 1.2 Puretech 82 Feel - Obsidian Black with Black Bubblewrap - 16" Square Alloys

Rubik

Re: Anti Corrosion Inspection? Rip off or not?

Post by Rubik » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:21 pm

Your lucky, I was offered this service for £77 / annum. If not, the short paint warrantee offered by Citroen would expire. My dealership no longer sells new Citroens.

I also had rusting rear doors, only brought to my attention through this forum. It didn't appear as a brown rust patch but that of white oxidation bubbling under the paintwork. The front doors are ok.

Manturian

Post by Manturian » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:43 am

Hi all.
Anti corrosion inspect is a good thing to have. A charge of £50 is excessive, had mine done with service @ nil cost.

CactiBhoy

Post by CactiBhoy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:57 pm

Fiat used to give a fifteen year anti perforation warranty with all their new autos (ten years with vans) Only of you touched up all paint chips that made it down to the bare metal bodywork I had it with all my Puntos and one Stilo. All for free and transferable as long as you owned the Fiat for more than two years. Never claimed, never heard of anyone who had. But given Fiats previous record from the eighties on, we'll worth it. As before they all ended up in boneyards rusting
bodys away from their subframe components
`" `In order to win once, you have got to get used to losing a whole lot of times. That's why I no longer buy Fiats.`" :lol:

Muddles

Post by Muddles » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:45 am

It goes in this Thursday for service at the dealers, and still undecided whether to pay or not. I’ve never had to pay with any other make of car. Just wondering if anyone else has had to pay to have their cactus inspected.

It’s the underneath I’m concerned about. The cactus build leaves a lot to be desired.
2015 1.2 Puretech 82 Feel - Obsidian Black with Black Bubblewrap - 16" Square Alloys

Muddles

Post by Muddles » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:27 am

I cancelled the service with this particular dealer and went to another and not only paid £149 less for the same service and MOT, I also got the anti corrosion inspection free. Both are Citroen Poogoat main dealers, except the first dealer no longer sell new Citroen’s from this year, only pre-registered or demos.

Just shows it pays to shop around. I had been using the same garage since I got my cactus but won’t be using them again. The only thing if I’m picky, that the new garage got wrong was put my Feel down as a Touch on the invoice pffft

Matressontheside

Post by Matressontheside » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:24 pm

Bit late to the thread but when I had my car returned from its "final" Citroen service and first MOT I said to the delivery driver that I wouldn't be troubling him again now that the car was out of warranty. He suggested that it would be worth while to get the corrosion check if I wanted to keep the car longer term. His body language and demeanour gave me the clear impression that I would see the benefit in the future. I don't think it was a sales ploy, but I will get it done in October (car's 4th birthday) as I do plan to hold onto my car long-term. Top tip on shopping around!
K

110 (of course) All black Flair with panoramic roof - Cheltenham. And I do wave.
Like crime fiction? Comfy Monkey - Robbery and abduction, or an inside job?