Rejection

All C4 Cactus related discussions
renagade

Rejection

Post by renagade » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:34 pm

Hi Guy's
How long do you think I have to reject the 2019 Cactus 2 Feel. 1.2k miles . three months old

I have two problems I have a issue with.

1) . Bunny hopping of the rear suspension during slight bends in the road .

2) . On moving over (sleeping police men ) at a 20mph or above the two rear suspension arms knock quite loud.

CactiBhoy

Re: Rejection

Post by CactiBhoy » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:00 pm

When I purchased my Cactus at new in july 18, the handling was absolutely shocking at motorway speed in the rain, and driving around even damp roundabouts I needed wipers on my side windows it was so bad (and gave my workmate brown trousers).
So after three days of this I checked the tyre pressures.

Front N/s. 42 psi. front O/s. 38 psi. Rear N/s. 38 psi. Rear O/s 41 Psi. Reduced the pressure to correct values for car with alloy wheels (34 front 32 rear) Now I can only drift the Cactus when I want ( to give myself brown trousers If I require so :evil: )

Ohh and I got to reset the low pressure warning as well, as whoever had originally set this had did it with the tyre pressures at the wanky values. I went down to see the dealer and they blamed Citroen ( not there mechanics who did the pre delivery checks before purchase) :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: .
`" `In order to win once, you have got to get used to losing a whole lot of times. That's why I no longer buy Fiats.`" :lol:

srperry

Post by srperry » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:39 am

renagade wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:34 pm
Hi Guy's
How long do you think I have to reject the 2019 Cactus 2 Feel. 1.2k miles . three months old

I have two problems I have a issue with.

1) . Bunny hopping of the rear suspension during slight bends in the road .

2) . On moving over (sleeping police men ) at a 20mph or above the two rear suspension arms knock quite loud.
1. Check tyre pressures.

2. Try slowing down?
C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience

stocklord63

Post by stocklord63 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:04 am

The suspension knock is something that I have previously mentioned. It has been into two different dealers, both recognised it and agreed it was not normal, and nothing to do with excessive speed (happens at 15mph) . The shocks and coils have been replaced, makes no difference. Dealer stated that it is 'a characteristic of the car'. It is a very poor design, and having driven many different models over the last 5 years, it is the only car that does this. Very poor, can't wait to get rid of it.

renagade

Post by renagade » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:37 am

How bloody slow do you want me to go ?????????????????
Not a patch on my C5 x7 2011.
Engine packed in otherwise I would still have it.