Hi, c4 cactus wrong fuel ammount indication.

All C4 Cactus related discussions
David35

Hi, c4 cactus wrong fuel ammount indication.

Post by David35 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:57 pm

Hi, hope someone is able to help me please :)

C4 cactus blue hdi 100 feel 2015 1.6 diesel.

Didn't know I shouldn't top up fuel to often in small amounts and I did that a lot, everytime I did small journey added 5 litres of diesel, didn't even turn the ignition key off, and today I have discovered that, there Where's fuel bar indictaror even tank is full one bar is missing, and I don't know what to do? If to drive untill when tank will be half or less and then add fuel again and it will reset itself?

I was trying to reset screen and such disconnect battery, even reloaded smeg+ but it still doesn't show full tank.

When I just turn the ignition key on fuel bar goes to full and then one bar disappear.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated,

Greetings.

routemaster1

Re: Hi, c4 cactus wrong fuel ammount indication.

Post by routemaster1 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:36 pm

It is not a good idea to top up little and often. Every time you put in 5L of fuel, the system will inject sufficient EOLYS fluid into the tank for about 40L of fuel. You will use the EOLYS fluid 8 times as fast as you should, so instead of getting the 'risk of blockage' at ~80,000 miles, you may get it any time after 10,000 miles.

Also, when you fill up, do you just fill until the pump cuts out the first time? Out first 2 C4 Picassos and our first 2 C3s would take 4-5L after the first cut out.

David35

Post by David35 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:05 pm

Hi and thanks :)

First question what's eolys fluid? Is it adblue? Didn't know my car needs it until when light showed up sayijd urea or something, went to service and they said, Sir you need some adblue and I said adblue? What adblue? Lol
Well sometimes lately I mean esp today I was just bored at home so thought will go to the petrol station and add some diesel and I was playing with the pump, trying to put as much as possible, lol no it wasn't cutting once not even three times but rather several maybe five or more. And in the end I just managed to ad at first diesel for about £9 and then went inside the car and saw that bar didn't move, wasn't showing up full tank one bar was missing, I was curious maybe I didn't really fill the tank full?
so I went to another petrol station and added more fuel for about £5, stupid no? Lol,

I was just reading somewhere that if I add less than 5 litres it won't even be recorded by the system so maybe that's the issue?Tomorrow going on trip few hundred miles away when back will refuel again and then will see and will report it here.

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:40 pm

The EOLYS fluid is not Adblue. It is a cerium based compound which is injected into the fuel. When the engine burns fuel it will produce soot which is collected in the exhaust particle filter. When the sensors detect that the filter is blocking, the system regenerates by pumping extra fuel to raise the temperature of the filter and the EOLYS filter catalyses the combustion of the soot particles.

Adblue is different. This is stored in a tank, and is dosed into the exhaust system to reduce the nitrogen oxides in the exhaust. The particle filter allows a car to be Euro 6, addition of the Adblue system brings it up to Euro 6. The Adblue system is the one where you need to add more than 5L to register.

I suggest that you see what happens after your long trip. I hope that clarifies things a bit for you.

David35

Post by David35 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:33 pm

Did only 300miles will do more tomorrow before refueling :) to see if it sorted itself.

And yeah I was reading about dpf and egr
And fluid I need to add apart from adblue, every sometime.

There's way of disabling adblue egr and dpf permanently and making engine in my car stronger, more economical, and engine lasting longer and saving at the same time money on new sensors, dpf egr adblue etx but won't pass mot probably.
Eloys replacement isn't expensive only £ few hundred. But dpf filer cost almost £2000 lol
Egr needs cleaning every sometime too.

Just out of curiosity have you ever tried to clean up dpf filter and replacing eloys fluid bag and reseting it yourself?

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:25 pm

If you disable the Adblue system, the engine will eventually fail to start. In fact if you allow the Adblue to run low, you will start getting warnings at ~1500 miles, then the engine will not start.

If you could disable the EOLYS system, your exhaust system will block and the car will not run.

David35

Post by David35 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:39 am

routemaster1 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:25 pm
If you disable the Adblue system, the engine will eventually fail to start. In fact if you allow the Adblue to run low, you will start getting warnings at ~1500 miles, then the engine will not start.

If you could disable the EOLYS system, your exhaust system will block and the car will not run.
You can disable those in ecu, then phisicwlly just remove dpf and egr, using for example lexia from what I was reading, then everything will work fine. Not planning to disable it but it was tempting knowing my car will cost far less in maintenance and repairs.

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:25 pm

David35 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:39 am
routemaster1 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:25 pm

You can disable those in ecu, then phisicwlly just remove dpf and egr, using for example lexia from what I was reading, then everything will work fine. Not planning to disable it but it was tempting knowing my car will cost far less in maintenance and repairs.
One might get away with removing the Adblue system, but if you remove the dpf, you are in a big world of hurt for an MOT, as the presence of the catalyst is a required test.

David35

Post by David35 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:49 am

@reutemaster1 yup and there are also big fines if police catches you without it.

Still didn't put any diesel in my car will wait untill when almost drained.

Maybe someone knows but is it possible to remove dpf filter by myself from cactus and clean it?

David35

Post by David35 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:57 pm

OK I did refuel my cactus and fuel indicator corrected itself now it is showing full again, lesson will be learned right? Don't refuel cactus to often, lol