Phone holder

All C4 Cactus related discussions
The2ems

Re: Phone holder

Post by The2ems » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:52 am

Markaren76 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:39 am
Hi folks
Here is my solution to a phone mount in my cactus to use my iPhone as a satnav. It works well for me. I have a similar set up in 2 other cars

The 360 ball is stuck to the screen with double sided tape. Its been there for around 12 months now. the magnetic ring is stuck to the back of my iPhone so the phone can 'hang' on the ball. To stop the phone swinging and hold it upright the air vent phone holder is placed below .
As suggested by others, it's a pain to fit a phone holder in top of the dash . I did try the silicon type below. it worked ok but not as good as the mag ball. In my view.

Sorry pics are upside down!!!

Hope this helps
Mark
Thanks for the input, but I’m not really sure I want to stick something onto the screen. I did try what @robbo7444 suggested, resting it in front of the speedo, and surprisingly it seems to work well, even over bumps. I do have a cover on my phone, so maybe that stops it sliding about. I tried it in both landscape and portrait mode, and both worked fine. It’s a decent work around until I can find a holder I like. Just wonder what the cops will think if they see my phone there, especially with the charging cable attached. :ugeek:
PureTec 82 manual, 2018, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps

Ruud

Post by Ruud » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:52 pm

But why is it that you don't like the holders attached to your windscreen?

I use one for my A3 phone, on the bottom center in landscape mode. Works fine for me without blocking the view (as it should) or the defogging airflow.

The2ems

Post by The2ems » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:06 pm

Ruud wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:52 pm
But why is it that you don't like the holders attached to your windscreen?

I use one for my A3 phone, on the bottom center in landscape mode. Works fine for me without blocking the view (as it should) or the defogging airflow.
To be honest, I’ve driven with a TomTom stuck to the screen for many years, and never liked it. All that messing about putting it on and off. Even when you stop for coffee or a wee, I always take it off, for security reasons. Now I’ve got used to driving with a built in satnav, without all the faff, I don’t really want to go back to a windscreen mount. Unfortunately, the built in satnav is not as good as Waze, and has recently tried to turn me right at a crossroads with no right turn. Plus the updating is not often enough. So that’s why I’m trying to find something that works for me. It does actually sit in front of the speedo, in landscape mode, but it covers the display.
PureTec 82 manual, 2018, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps

miguelrk

Post by miguelrk » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:46 am

Simply the best way for me.

two stickers and "voilá" :lol:

In the air vents is too low and I have to remove my eyes from the road...