Knowing what you know now..... would you buy a cactus ?

All C4 Cactus related discussions

Knowing what you know now..... would you buy a cactus ?

YES
86%
NO
14%

Total votes: 87

Nobbydog

Re: Knowing what you know now..... would you buy a cactus ?

Post by Nobbydog » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:12 pm

Had mine nearly 2 weeks and I'm lovin it, lovin it, lovin it!
Citroen Cactus 1.2 110 Petrol Flair Edition S - All Black- Red Flashes - Panaromic Roof - 17in Silver Alloys

JohnYoung

Post by JohnYoung » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:01 pm

Nobbydog wrote:Had mine nearly 2 weeks and I'm lovin it, lovin it, lovin it!
Brilliant... 8-)

ThomasRath

Post by ThomasRath » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:06 am

in a heart beat.
Greetings from Denmark.
Cactus since june 15

History:
205, Xantia, BX, Berlingo, Xsara Picasso.

JohnYoung

Post by JohnYoung » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:22 pm

Nobbydog wrote:Had mine nearly 2 weeks and I'm lovin it, lovin it, lovin it!

Just been out in ours and ALWAYS impressed on how nice it is to drive and be in :D

markfoz

Post by markfoz » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:09 pm

I really like my Cactus as a car and I'm happy with the thought that I'll be owning it for at least the next 6 years (unless something drastic happens), in order to make buying new good economy.

That being said if insurance, running costs (fuel, servicing, tyres, repairs etc), road tax wasn't an issue, which it is as I'm trying to own this car as cheaply as possible then I think I'd rather have something like a BMW 3 series touring or a Volvo V60 just for because they are soooo much nicer to drive.

JohnYoung

Post by JohnYoung » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:20 pm

markfoz wrote:I really like my Cactus as a car and I'm happy with the thought that I'll be owning it for at least the next 6 years (unless something drastic happens), in order to make buying new good economy.

That being said if insurance, running costs (fuel, servicing, tyres, repairs etc), road tax wasn't an issue, which it is as I'm trying to own this car as cheaply as possible then I think I'd rather have something like a BMW 3 series touring or a Volvo V60 just for because they are soooo much nicer to drive.

Yeah the Cactus is certainly not the be all and end all for cars but of course the cars you mention are a lot more expensive - saying that the Volvo does not get very good reviews (quick google search)

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volvo/v60

markfoz

Post by markfoz » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:35 pm

JohnYoung wrote:
markfoz wrote:I really like my Cactus as a car and I'm happy with the thought that I'll be owning it for at least the next 6 years (unless something drastic happens), in order to make buying new good economy.

Yeah the Cactus is certainly not the be all and end all for cars but of course the cars you mention are a lot more expensive - saying that the Volvo does not get very good reviews (quick google search)

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volvo/v60
Yep you're right those other cars I mentioned are loads more money new but I could have bought I really nice low mile two year old Bmw or Volvo or Audi etc for what I paid for the Cactus. However it isn't the buying cost that swayed me it's the costs going forward like I mentioned.

I know the Volvo doean't get rave reviews for some reason, maybe I guess because it's put up against the likes of the BMW and Audi, but driven in isolation I'm sure it would fair better. I had one for a company car and loved it.

Keith

Post by Keith » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:43 pm

I love everything about my Cactus other than the the smoothness of the three cylinder engine at low revs but I'm sure I will eventually get used to it.
Shark Grey - Black Air Bumps - Flair 82ETG - Panoramic Sunroof - City Park pack.Image

Cactus4us

Post by Cactus4us » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:49 pm

Keith wrote:I love everything about my Cactus other than the the smoothness of the three cylinder engine at low revs but I'm sure I will eventually get used to it.
Have you tried 1st gear no accelerator? Mine travels smoothly at 5mph - on quiet private road with 10mph limit :(
:roll: 18 June 2015 ~ 1.2 Puretech110S/S ~ Feel ~ Obsidian Black~ Black{Bumps}
____🌵_________🌵______Image__🌵______🌵________
Black[ ] 16"Wheels ~ Habana ~ Panoramic ~ Cactus decal ~ 21 Oct 2015 :D

Keith

Post by Keith » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:46 pm

Cactus4us wrote:
Keith wrote:I love everything about my Cactus other than the the smoothness of the three cylinder engine at low revs but I'm sure I will eventually get used to it.
Have you tried 1st gear no accelerator? Mine travels smoothly at 5mph - on quiet private road with 10mph limit :(
I have the etg5 and no matter whether I use the creep function or slightly use the accelerator I find on slight inclines i.e my driveway or say coming off a motorway slip road with a slight incline to a roundabout and also pulling away smartly from a junction the car just isn't smooth. Driving in slow traffic or pulling away on a flat road is no problem. It is also noticeable when maneuvering slowly backwards and forwards say in car par.

General driving is no problem at all.
Shark Grey - Black Air Bumps - Flair 82ETG - Panoramic Sunroof - City Park pack.Image