Knowing what you know now..... would you buy a cactus ?

All C4 Cactus related discussions

Knowing what you know now..... would you buy a cactus ?

YES
86%
NO
14%

Total votes: 87

Blactus

Re: Knowing what you know now..... would you buy a cactus ?

Post by Blactus » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:35 am

Tenbeersbold wrote:Yes but not as an only car.Its a perfect city/short distance runabout.Wouldn't like it as a hwy cruiser/long distance holiday car.Too loud at autobahn speeds and the seats are perfect for short hops but 6-7 hour drives are a chore
Completely agree, it's an absolute din on motorways, which as a sales rep is mostly where I drive, so it gets a No vote.. Having said that, it's one of the most comfortable cars I've ever driven.
100 Bluehdi Flair Black-Leather-pano

Dadioglasgow

Post by Dadioglasgow » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:11 am

I wonder if the pano roof contributes to the noise? I don't have it and find motorway driving much quieter than my old C4 - or my wife's Up! for that matter :-)
Cactus Flair e-HDi92 ETG6 - Lagoon Blue

JohnYoung

Post by JohnYoung » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:22 pm

Dadioglasgow wrote:I wonder if the pano roof contributes to the noise? I don't have it and find motorway driving much quieter than my old C4 - or my wife's Up! for that matter :-)

Yeah we have had this discussion before with Blactus - I asked if i was his wheels etc but he has the same as me (17") I have not been over 100 miles in my cactus but so far those journeys have been faultless and as quiet as my old Mazda 6 which was a motorway cruiser

Maybe it is the pano roof... ?

cactusjack

Post by cactusjack » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:41 pm

We've got the pano roof and
find the exact opposite, its not noisey at all, either on motorway or A and B roads. Long distance is no problem whatsoever, its hard to understand these particular critisisms, likewise it'll be hard for those that have the problems to understand those that haven't. It amazes me how a car can differ so much across the board. This is my first Citroen and would be hesitant to try another simply because of these issues.
Yellow/black 17" black crosscuts Panoramic roof Habana interior Flair 110

JohnYoung

Post by JohnYoung » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:46 pm

cactusjack wrote:We've got the pano roof and
find the exact opposite, its not noisey at all, either on motorway or A and B roads. Long distance is no problem whatsoever, its hard to understand these particular critisisms, likewise it'll be hard for those that have the problems to understand those that haven't. It amazes me how a car can differ so much across the board. This is my first Citroen and would be hesitant to try another simply because of these issues.

Yeah it is very interesting just like some have found the gearbox a bit dodgy even in reviews and the diesel engine is noisy where we have found both to be untrue for our cactus - gearbox is lovely and smooth and engine is as quiet as any others I have had

Mrsstuzilla

Post by Mrsstuzilla » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:12 pm

The diesel is definitely quieter inside than our previous car but sounds just as dieselly when heard from the outside! Must be good sound proofing. :). The engine is lovely and smooth too.

The gearbox isn't the best I've driven. The throw is very long and sometimes it won't go into gear. Husband has found this too so it's not just me!

All in all tho am glad we chose the car. It's fun to drive and I love the quirky looks. Who wants a silver VW like every other car on the road?! Plus at least Citroen seems to have emerged from the whole diesel-gate debacle with its head held high. :)
Claire 8-)

JohnYoung

Post by JohnYoung » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:28 pm

Mrsstuzilla wrote:The diesel is definitely quieter inside than our previous car but sounds just as dieselly when heard from the outside! Must be good sound proofing. :). The engine is lovely and smooth too.

The gearbox isn't the best I've driven. The throw is very long and sometimes it won't go into gear. Husband has found this too so it's not just me!

All in all tho am glad we chose the car. It's fun to drive and I love the quirky looks. Who wants a silver VW like every other car on the road?! Plus at least Citroen seems to have emerged from the whole diesel-gate debacle with its head held high. :)
Yeah I just bought the Cactus when all the diesel scandal from VW was kicking off and I was dreading hearing that Citroen were also involved which is looks like they weren't

Seanf

Post by Seanf » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:27 pm

I've now done 2500 miles in the cactus I'm still not sold on it as it seems a bit cut n trust when you pull away it's ok on moterways but in town its a pain the mpg is also not up to much 42 mpg which I think won't get much better for a none turbo 1.2 engine .... It's comfortable on a run but that's about all ...

lecoldartic

Post by lecoldartic » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:48 am

Yes I would buy another one. Its A Great Car

Primekart

Post by Primekart » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:31 pm

I definitely would've bought the Cactus! It is an amazing car for its price. My only gripe is that fuel consumption is way off the advertises. The best i could do in Israel's hot climate using A/C most of the time and disabled S&S some of the time, mostly in rural roads is 13 Km per Lt. It is way better than my wife's Golf Plus with its 1.2 TSI engine and DGS gearbox. Her car does 8-9 Km per Lt on same roads.
BMW Car Club Israel

www.facebook.com/groups/BMWClubIsrael