Any hunters out there?

The place to discuss everything else..
FarmerR

Re: Any hunters out there?

Post by FarmerR » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:55 am

Mrdj wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:41 am
geese and ducks here in Denmark :-)
Those are yummy! :) Talk about eco food!
100Hdi manual -15 with "stuff and fluff"
A damn Swede!

FarmerR

Post by FarmerR » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:05 pm

My rifle.
Sako Finnwolf in .308W
Not sure if I want to install silencer. Seem to be a pretty rare rifle (last manufactured 1974). But silencer do make a difference and it is the hip thing now...

IMG_20170314_194054275.jpg

100Hdi manual -15 with "stuff and fluff"
A damn Swede!

Tequila

Post by Tequila » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:57 pm

BumpyJoe wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:01 pm
Any hunters?! Hunting and killing/maiming animals for FUN is absolutely disgusting.
This forum is a cactus forum, not a site for advocating animal cruelty.
Presumably those guns tests you do, don't involve checking of any ethics!
Vegetarian are you? if so, then i envy you, giving up ingestion of animal products is harder than giving up tobacco, alcohol, or even caffeine - though i speak for myself only, of course.

i don't agree with 'killing for fun' either; putting food on the table and in bellies or protecting crops/livestock is the sole purpose.

What i find absolutely disgusting is the UK government allowing circumvention of our animal welfare laws so people with so-called religious beliefs can eat kosher or halal!

Makes you wonder what we sacrificed two thousand years of fighting and untold millions of lives for... tolerance is one thing, but you can bet Jan Sobieski would tell you what.

Any objections to the above, perhaps you shouldn't be driving a French car.

Muddles

Post by Muddles » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:49 pm

There is more cruelty in UK slaughter houses then anywhere else. 99.9% of them kill Halal style which in itself is cruel, but the workers frequently abuse the animals before they are slaughtered.

A fox or deer or any creature shot cleanly by an experienced hunter/shooter does not suffer. If I were an animal I know which way I'd like to go. Shotguns are not really a good weapon for wildlife, you have to use a .308, 22-250, .303 to make a clean kill. Shotguns are mainly for shooting birds.
2015 1.2 Puretech 82 Feel - Obsidian Black with Black Bubblewrap - 16" Square Alloys