davew

Re: A little strange?

Post by davew » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:09 pm

paully wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:27 am
nc111 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:14 pm
dash cam is standard on the new C3
Yes but only on the Flair... interestingly Citroen haven't put them on anything since...
My understanding is that some European countries have banned their use and others have some usage restrictions, so maybe PSA are now being cautious about installing them as standard.

ThomasRath

Post by ThomasRath » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:58 pm

i'm quite sure that it is to be sure that You as owner doesn't violate the GDPR.

If You doesn't trust your dealer - find another.
Greetings from Denmark.
Cactus since june 15

History:
205, Xantia, BX, Berlingo, Xsara Picasso.

thetapeworm

Post by thetapeworm » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:06 am

I'd probably phone them just to ask what their policy is on this and if it's a standard procedure to disable the unit when work is being carried out.

If so I'd much rather do this myself before the car is handed over than have someone else messing with my files, which if you think about it, contain all your personal conversations and movements for X amount of time. What's to say they haven't made a copy and created yet another dashcam channel on YouTube with all the footage ;)
'16 Flair Edition - Obsidian Black - BlueHDi 100

Jonovich

Post by Jonovich » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:48 pm

Interesting - I'd be furious if they interfered with mine without discussing it with me in advance.

I had my C4 serviced at a main dealer last year, on getting it back I got an email asking to rate the service I'd received and so thought to check the DashCam footage to see what they did before responding. What I discovered was a shock!

On taking the car out for its 'test drive' the driver accelerated hard out the dealership, shouting in a foreign language to other drivers. He took my car around a back road near the trading estate and pulled up in derelict factory unit entrance. With the engine running, and so the camera still recording, he rummaged through my glove box. He then got out the car for a cigarette, wandered around to the front passenger side and took a pee up against the front wheel! He then returned it to the dealership.

I was livid and phoned the dealership back immediately - I also disinfected the steering wheel and all places the dirty b**tard had probably touched!

I have to say, this wasn't covert filming. On starting the Cactus the Dashcam initialises, announcing in a loud voice that it is active, has a GPS signal and that video recording will begin.

Jonovich.

Freerangecactus

Post by Freerangecactus » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:35 pm

Well I did ask the staff when handing over my keys for the MOT (not at the dealer but a local MOT center) if they would have any issues with the presence of a dashcam. They said no worries we just unplug it when we take the car into the workshop. I explained that mine is hardwired and can't be easily undone so I offered to take the card out. They immediately agreed and handed my keys back, when I came back in they explained to me that they rather not getting recorded purely for privacy reasons. I can fully understand this so in the future I will just make clear to the staff that my dashcam is deactivated when I leave my car at the dealer or garage.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”