2018 model firmware / map update

The place to discuss everything else..
ruairip

2018 model firmware / map update

Post by ruairip » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:34 pm

Hi

Have struggled a little with getting firmware / maps updated on the new model.

What has worked is to navigate to https://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-service ... ap-updates and enter your VIN, this will then if applicable off the option to download both firmware and map updates. Be warned download speed is slow so it will take come time.

Citroen advise using a 16GB key but the map updates are over this in size so I ended up purchasing a 32GB key which supports the FAT32 filesystem necessary, most of my keys are larger and do not appear to work as they are formatted using exFAT which appears not to be recognised by the car.

Initially I uncompressed the files using WinZip, copied to the key and tried in the car but just got corrupted file messages.

I then tried uncompressing using 7-Zip (advised on the Citroen site) and WinRAR. Comparing the extracted files the output from 7-Zip and WinRAR are identical however WinZip gives different file sizes.

Tried the 7-Zip set of files and the firmware upgrade worked perfectly so now my Galaxy Note 9 contacts synchronize with the car, the map updates are also recognised so I think that these will work.

Be warned that the update process in the car is slow so be prepared to spend some time, it is recommended that this is done parked but you should be able to drive but will not have access to any of the touchscreen functionality until the update is complete.

Hope that this helps.
Best

Ruairi

C4 Cactus PureTech 82 S&S ETG Flair in Blue Lagoon with City Park Pack (12/03/2016 - 01/02/2019)
C4 Cactus PureTech 110 S&S EAT6 Auto in Emerald Blue (01/02/2019)

The2ems

Re: 2018 model firmware / map update

Post by The2ems » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:52 pm

My 67 plate Flair is coming up to its first service. I’m hoping the dealer will do the updates. Information on the Citroen site says I have 5yeats free upgrade. I actually had a message pop up on the touchscreen a couple of days ago saying that there was an update available.
PureTec 82 manual, 2018, Flair, Shark Grey, Black air bumps

ruairip

Re: 2018 model firmware / map update

Post by ruairip » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:06 pm

There is been a new European map update for the new Cactus from version 8.00 to version 9.00.

Finally was going to be in the car for long enough to do it late last week so plugged the prepared key in.

All updated successfully but be warned that there is no longer an option to update countries individually so the full update took around 80 minutes.
Best

Ruairi

C4 Cactus PureTech 82 S&S ETG Flair in Blue Lagoon with City Park Pack (12/03/2016 - 01/02/2019)
C4 Cactus PureTech 110 S&S EAT6 Auto in Emerald Blue (01/02/2019)