Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

Sat Nav

28K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  Stevieblueyez 
#1 ·
Hi,

First post so hello to everyone. I've just bought a C4 Cactus and I'm loving it so far. However I thought I'd try the Sat Nav and it came up with I needed to connect a Citroen Multicity Connect Dongle. Having no idea what this was a quick search of Google this is no longer supported.

My query is can I do anything so that the touch can be used as a Sat Nav? I can use my phone but it's seem rather silly when I have a larger device just sitting there.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

#2 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum..the Citroen connect dongle, afaik, refers to the internet options which doesn't work. The Sat Nav is only available on the Flair variant and is activated by pushing the last button on the left hand side of the main screen..after that all should be come clear😀

G
#4 ·
Peopleselbowpad said:
Could you replace the head unit with one from a Flair variant? If so would this then change the touch screen interface?

It really seems a shame to have a touch screen I can't use as a sat nav.
I hate to think what a new unit would cost, used ones on ebay are aroun £200. It wouldn't just be a case of taking your one out and replacing one that has sat nav, your car would have to be configured for it by a dealer even if it is possible to swap, and that wouldn't be cheap either.

The Cactus sat-nav will get you to your destination but in my experience it isn't always the quickest or shortest route regarding what option you choose.

#6 ·
Rigsby29 said:
I'm going to attempt fitting a flair sat nav unit into my feel tommorrow, the touch screen is the same in the feel & the flair it just needs to be programmed to tell it it has sat nav, I'll let you know if it works or not
Cheers. I've seen them on eBay for around £200 but I did read they need to be coded to your car. I guess one problem at a time.

#8 ·
Yes it can be done, fitted it this morning took me an hour tops but I still have the aerial to fit. I had to code the smeg unit to the car & activate the sat nav button

Attachments

#20 ·
Rigsby29 said:
I picked one up for £140, luckily I work for a Citroen dealer so I have access to lexia to do the coding(if I can figure it out)
So just to clarify, you only had to upgrade the metal unit under the dashboard, once recoded the existing touchscreen suddenly has a 'sat nav' button and away you go? Does the GPS receiver sit atop the dashboard? Any pics?
Thanks!

#21 ·
Yes once you have fitted the new Satan's head unit get it coded to the car & get the satnav button activated for the display buy a gps aerial & mount it where ever you can, I used a genuine cactus roof aerial & bought an extension lead for it but you can get a under dash gps aerial off Ebay, the only pics I took are already on this thread

#22 ·
Rigsby29 said:
Yes once you have fitted the new Satan's head unit get it coded to the car & get the satnav button activated for the display buy a gps aerial & mount it where ever you can, I used a genuine cactus roof aerial & bought an extension lead for it but you can get a under dash gps aerial off Ebay, the only pics I took are already on this thread
Sat nav aerial outside the car on the roof is by far the best position.
Inside the vehicle the satellite signals will be weaker - additionally for the satnav to function at all, there must be at least 3 satellites received simultaneously (some experts say 4 minimum) at any one instant and some of the possible ones will not be received owing to the screening effects of vehicle metalwork.

The outcome of using an internal aerial can be that the vehicle location is indicated intermittently and incorrectly. It will work sometimes but nothing like as consistently as with an external aerial.

#25 ·
I've seen on the internet the possibility to connect a smartphone (Android Auto installed) with a usb cable, and you can watch the smartphone screen on your touchscreen in the car. But that doesn't work. What do I need to get in working?

When I buy me a SMEG device with navigation on Ebay, do I've to activate it in the system of my Cactus, or is the only thing to get/buy the code for SMEG?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.