Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

replacing my touchscreen myself

22K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Englishviolin 
#1 ·
At the weekend, I managed to break the touchscreen on my Cactus (don't ask...)

I've done a bit of research and can get hold of replacement screen, but wondered if anyone knew of any links to show how to remove the old one, and replace it with a new one. I'm quite hands-on with repairing things, so feel I could do it myself, but can't see how to remove the existing fitting to take it apart and replace it - does anyone know if this information is available anywhere (even just a diagram of how the current screen fitting is attached - if I can get that off, I'm pretty confident I can replace it myself.

Thanks

#4 ·
Salut. Si tu achètes une tablette neuve je pense qu'il faut le faire coder. Maintenant si c'est une tablette d'occasion c'est déjà télé codée car initialement sur un véhicule, c'est 100% FONCTIONNELLE. ;)

#5 ·
madoleo said:
Thanks for the link.
I am going to do similar thing. Going to replace the whole screen with buttons. Does anyone knows if it will work straight away? Or is it needing visit at the garage to make it work with the car (vin etc.).
You're going to replace the whole screen with buttons? Why?

#8 ·
No need to configure VIN. Only buttons are configurable (touch buttons that is). So if you have satnav and the screen comes from the similar car, it will work right away. If the donor car does not have satnav then the button needs to be configured to be present.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.