Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner

Space saver correct size?

19K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Javedx 
#1 ·
Could someone please confirm that the correct tyre size for the space saver is T125/85 R16.

And that it is the same for cars with 16" and 17" alloys.

Mine was missing when I bought the car and Citroen have confirmed it had one when new. The garage (non-Citroen, but still a main dealer) are supplying one tomorrow and I want to make sure it's correct to avoid being fobbed off!

Thanks in advance, Mike.

#2 ·
As far as I know, the standard road wheels for the various models all have the same tyre circumference, close to 2000 mm.
The spacesaver you refer to gives a tyre circumference of 1944 mm - about 2.8 % smaller - so should be acceptable for all models. (Although the tyre inflation monitor might flag up a warning because its method of operation apparently relies on average wheel rotation speeds being very similar.)

For further corroboration, an owner in 2016 reported that he purchased a space saver from ebay - the photograph seems to be for the same tyre dimensions you have given :
see https://www.cactusforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=991&p=7932#p7932

#4 ·
The space saver will probably have a different rolling circumstance - as it's limited to 50mph and short term use it's not an issue.

We had to use the space saver on our DS4 a few years ago, it has a much smaller rolling circumference than the standard 18" wheels which meant the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree as the car thinks that wheel is spinning faster and it cant be controlled by the ABS/ ESP/ ASR sensor - it can't slow it down so the whole lot faults; it all resets when the proper wheel is back on.

#6 ·
Brilliant, thanks for the replies. Lets see what the garage provide me with.

Impressed with the car so far....coming from a DS3 115 eHDi into this. It's not as 'nippy' but we knew that. Its Flair but with all the extras. Leather, panoramic roof and parking pack. Was a demo originally which explains it.

Thank's again.

#13 ·
Hi all

I am still trying to work out what size spare to get. Would the stud sizes be compatible with the Peugeot 4 stud wheels or an older C4 wheel. I am thinking of the ones in the eBay listings below as I would like the wheel tool tidy as well. Can any one assist?

This one
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-CITROEN-C4-15-FULL-SIZE-SPARE-WHEEL-AND-JACKING-KIT-195-65-15/222865118417?epid=1537399846&hash=item33e3cbd4d1:g:dUMAAOSwldRZ9fx2

Or this one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-CITROEN-C4-FULL-SIZE-SPARE-WHEEL-KIT-195-65-R15-2004-2009/122744536889?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Thanks!

#14 ·
Ok, so referring to the OP. That is the correct size space saver wheel, certainly if you are on 17" alloys. The garage supplied the correct spare but I did purchase the plastic retaining bolt from Citroen. It was less than £8.

It seems that if you are a diesel owner the space saver sits face up with the plastic crew/nut holding it in place. This is due to the Ad Blu tank. The tools are in a pouch with velcro that lives under the passenger seat.

Petrol owners with a spare should find that their space saver sits face down with the plastic mould in the centre to hold all the tools.

Hope this helps.

Mike.

#17 ·
I have removed the tractor sized front tyre I had a spare (Never used it yet) I stumped up £35 for a C4 Alloy (with a serviceable tyre with nail in :oops: ) from the net. Because of the adiblu tank for the diesel is fitted, I had to put small pieces of wood under my mat. Now it fits very neatly in there. Hood Car Vehicle Trunk Automotive exterior
in Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle
down Automotive tire Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design
Old but unloved one.

Pretty much a straight replacement in case of puncture.

Attachments

#19 ·
I recently purchased a 16 plate 1.2turbo petrol 110 cactus and it only had a inflation kit in the boot.
after asking the dealer how much it would be for them to supply one i was quoted £250 for a space saver, I politely declined.

A little search on ebay and a couple of emails to the seller i purchased a 'full sized' spare wheel with jack and tool kit for £140. (free shipping and it came in one day! )

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-C4-CACTUS-2014-2019-16-FULL-SIZE-STEEL-SPARE-WHEEL-TYRE-TOOL-KIT-BOLTS/182239249710?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

it fits perfectly in the wheel well in the boot and you can even use the little plastic securing bolt that held the inflation kit in place.

Motor vehicle Camera Light Digital camera Product

Attachments

#20 ·
CactiBhoy said:
I have removed the tractor sized front tyre I had a spare (Never used it yet) I stumped up £35 for a C4 Alloy (with a serviceable tyre with nail in :oops: ) from the net. Because of the adiblu tank for the diesel is fitted, I had to put small pieces of wood under my mat. Now it fits very neatly in there.DSC_0653.JPG in DSC_0652.JPG down DSC_0650.JPG Old but unloved one.

Pretty much a straight replacement in case of puncture.
I did exactly as you. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.